mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Phil's World in Cortez...props to the Kokopelli Club builders!!

Returned recently from a trip to Durango. I have been to Durango 5-6 times but never knew about Phil's World until reading about it on the Internet. I've ridden all over the West Coast and have never been disappointed in my rides but Phil's World was no exception.

Bottom line....as I told my friends, PW is the best laid out trail system that I've EVER ridden. The place is awesome. My hat's off to the builders. It wasn't the most challenging area I've ever ridden but it was fun, fun, fun. I know Ribs gets all the accolades but I actually liked Maxxit even better. The Stinky Loop was definitely my favorite but they are all great.

I normally do a Durango trip every other Summer but I'm already planning next years trip and PW is reason #1 and priority #1 on my riding list. I'm trying to convince my friends to join me there in lieu of our annual Fruita escape. Please feel free to chime in with some other options. On this last trip, I rode the Dry Fork to Junction Creek trails as well as Hermosa Creek so I'm open to all suggestions. We'll be staying in Durango or Bayfield but don't mind driving since we have to do that every Saturday here in SoCal.

Get up high.

Molas-Cascade
    Blackhawk
    Kennebec

Why would you own 100 Yugos when you could own 1 Porsche? - Rumpfy

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    Never ridden Blackhawk (have heard it's awesome) but can certainly concur with ameybrook's other 2 choices. 2 of the best rides I have ever done (Kennebec needs a shuttle unless you are super strong and want to ride lots of road; Molas-Cascade also requires a shuttle but it's easy for someone to hitch back up the road to get the car).