Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Phil's World

mtbr member
    As of 1/16/13

Snow

www.singletrackmapping.com
    Ft. Collins & Lyons – Golden – Buffalo Creek – Durango – Phil’s World – Crested Butte

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    We rode it last year... so much fun!!! They have a 12 hour race in that system called 12 hours of Mesa Verde... its pretty awesome!

snickers driven
    Update/forecast for Friday? Will be staying over in Cortez, bringing the mtb just in case

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentich View Post
    Phil's is the jam. Being new to the area I've only ridden it once, but can't wait to do it again. Stoked that it's only an hour or so away. The best thing about it is that there is something for everyone. From beginner, intermediate, to advanced.
    Phils is a solid 2+hr. drive; but worth it. Paonia is 1.5 and as good as Phils IMHO.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by rtsideup View Post
    Phils is a solid 2+hr. drive; but worth it. Paonia is 1.5 and as good as Phils IMHO.
    Ya but, it's probably under snow right now :/

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice thread on Phils!

We're planning our first visit to the area at the end of the month (March '13). Can anyone provide up-to-date info on trail conditions?
    I've looked at the SkidMap (The Skid Map) and it shows a nice network of trails. Is this map reasonably current?

Thanks!

-db

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbflg View Post
    Nice thread on Phils!

We're planning our first visit to the area at the end of the month (March '13). Can anyone provide up-to-date info on trail conditions?
    I've looked at the SkidMap (The Skid Map) and it shows a nice network of trails. Is this map reasonably current?

Thanks!

-db
    Hey db,

Phil's World is good to go! 3/21/13

You might find some mud/ice/snow on the north facing slopes of Ledges Loop. Stop in Kokopelli Bike & Board of the most up-to-date info.

Kokopelli Bike & Board: Where to Ride

Happy Trails.

www.singletrackmapping.com
    Ft. Collins & Lyons – Golden – Buffalo Creek – Durango – Phil’s World – Crested Butte

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Singletrack Maps View Post
    Hey db,

You might find some mud/ice/snow on the north facing slopes of Ledges Loop. Stop in Kokopelli Bike & Board of the most up-to-date info.

Kokopelli Bike & Board: Where to Ride

Happy Trails.

Thanks! KB&B was already on my to-visit list.

-db-

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbflg View Post
    Thanks! KB&B was already on my to-visit list.

-db-
    If anyone was out at Phil's World Saturday, if you found a pink helmet and gloves, my wife left them right near the trailhead.

UHggg.

Please
    PM me if you happen to have them.

Thx

mtbr member

Phil's World

My kid has a soccer game in Cortez on the 13th of April. I was toying with the idea of turning it into a mini camping/mtn bike trip... I've wanted to ride Phil's World for a while now. (My name is Phil, it's destiny!!)

Is there a place to camp with our pop-up close to the "trails"?

mtbr member
    I've seen people free camping near the trailhead. I assume it is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofZroad View Post
    My kid has a soccer game in Cortez on the 13th of April. I was toying with the idea of turning it into a mini camping/mtn bike trip... I've wanted to ride Phil's World for a while now. (My name is Phil, it's destiny!!)

Is there a place to camp with our pop-up close to the "trails"?
    '11 Trek Superfly 29er SS

mtbr member

Phil's World

Thanks Terry!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Singletrack Maps View Post
    Hey db,

Happy Trails.

It was great! Really enjoyed riding the trails at Phil's World on Thursday and again on Saturday. Think we hit every trail once -- and a few of them more than once!

Friday we rode the Sand Canyon Loop for a change of pace. Nice slickrock near the start/end of the trail!

Congratulations to all the folks who have made Phil's World a great place to ride. I was more than happy to drop my $$ in the donation box.

-db-

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007
    Current conditions on Phil's World? And a good place to get a shower after a ride and before dinner in town? Thanks, in Fruita now, gonna finish up on Kokopelli's and head south.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

Adventurous Hacker
    Jul 2004
    Rode Phil's last Sunday and it was perfect.
    Did Phil's in the a.m. and Telegraph trails in Durango in the p.m.--perfect day all 'round.

Not sure about the shower, but you can probably get dinner in Cortez without one . . .
    All other things are rarely equal . . .

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007
    Rode Phil's this Sunday, 4-7-13. I would like to give a shout out to the owner of Kokopelli bikes there in Cortez, Pete, I think his name was, another regular here (Jerry?) on their shop ride, and a great group of folks out of Farmington, NM, I believe, for letting me share all that is Phil's World today. Simply one of the nicest rides with great aesthetics that is fast and flowy on the way back, and good enough and some techy on the ride in, if you want to do Ledge and Stinky Springs loop, finishing it off with Rib Cage.

I had a great time on tired legs, 5 days of riding and driving straight. This place, maybe it was a secret, maybe the word is getting out, but to the guys that built those trails, Kudo's to you, you deserve accolades for the layout on that roller coaster of a ride. I have had a sh*t eating ear to ear grin the whole drive back from Cortez to Flagstaff.

Thanks, a most memorable day... place is great, soon, Stoner Mesa and some other stuff near by. Maybe mid to late Sept for the aspens and fall colors.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member

Phil's World

Phil's world is AWESOME!! I have never been on a trail as good as Rib Cage!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3