mtbr member

Palisade Rim: Awesome

Rode Palisade rim to the overlook today. What an awesome newer trail for the Grand Valley. It could use a little moisture to firm up the dry soil in places. This one is going to be a regular ride for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I rode PR today as well. The trail got really dusty and loose late last year, so the current conditions are great in comparison. The upper loop has packed down well. Hopefully, it stays that way thru the year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Palisade Rim: Awesome-palisade2.jpgPalisade Rim: Awesome-route.jpg

we rode it 3 weeks ago. what a great discovery. thanks to all that built it...Carl and Rondo! couple pics

mtbr member
    In my avatar you can see Palisade Rim right above the pancake dog on the back porch. Goofy dog will eat pieces of pancake all day long, give him a whole one and he just carries it around.

mtbr member
    Man, how cool would a trail up to the Mesa be from the top of the loop? It just seem so doable. I would think Palisade would welcome such a development.
    ...and the Nun said, "Five bucks, same as in town."

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Revotseel View Post
    Man, how cool would a trail up to the Mesa be from the top of the loop? It just seem so doable. I would think Palisade would welcome such a development.
    I believe that is in the works

mtbr member
    It is in the planning stages. Lot's of issues to work out first but there are a lot of Palisade people who want to see it happen.

Another trail could come across Whitewater Basin to Rapid Creek

But it has some brush in the way

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Palisade Rim is awesome. Here's a shot from back when it was pretty new.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    I've stared at that rock more than a few times and wondered how the heck you roll it.

Tigers love pepper...
    I've only done the bottom loop. Need to go check out the upper.

Desert Rat
    Jul 2005
    Noah and his triplet brothers seem to do pretty well on that move. I don't know how they ride so close together though.

You'll notice that all that in and out dirt is not always there, in fact it rarely is. It rides a bit smoother with that entry/exit work.

Yes, a route from the top of the Mesa to the valley floor is already in the planning stages, but as Bean says, much work to be done. A lot of that route already exists, but even some of that is in need of maintenance/clearing. This will be a knockout line, starting at ~10,800' and ending at ~4700'. And there's a lot of other trail that ties into this basic route. It's gorgeous country.

Scott

Take a look at this article for the rough info:

Proposed trail from Grand Mesa to valley floor generates excitement | GJSentinel.com
    RapidCreekCycles

Palisade CO Ride the Palisade Rim Trail
    Niner

COPMOBA

lone rider
    Great news thanks everyone for all the hard work. Looking foreword to checking out all the new trail work itís been a few years since I have ridden the trail.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Looks like a great ride. Will be in the area of Fruita around May 22 to 24. Trail head location? Are does anyone have this on Strava?
    Thanks Greg.

Desert Rat
    Jul 2005
    Stop by Rapid Creek Cycles in Palisade for info. You can park at the shop in town and ride to the trail from there - nice couple mile warmup.

Scott
    RapidCreekCycles

Palisade CO Ride the Palisade Rim Trail
    Niner

COPMOBA

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Thanks, will do. See you next week.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Rode this yesterday on way home from Fruita weekend - was truly surprised how awesome this trail system is!! some pretty crazy ledgy spots w technical necessity caused a bit of a pucker - but truly had a blast!! Great trail!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Love PM; next time am going to do an out and back on the upper loop. Out on the rimside, back the same way.
    OVER the rocks, not around

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Winans View Post
    Noah and his triplet brothers seem to do pretty well on that move. I don't know how they ride so close together though.

You'll notice that all that in and out dirt is not always there, in fact it rarely is. It rides a bit smoother with that entry/exit work.

Yes, a route from the top of the Mesa to the valley floor is already in the planning stages, but as Bean says, much work to be done. A lot of that route already exists, but even some of that is in need of maintenance/clearing. This will be a knockout line, starting at ~10,800' and ending at ~4700'. And there's a lot of other trail that ties into this basic route. It's gorgeous country.

Scott

Take a look at this article for the rough info:

Proposed trail from Grand Mesa to valley floor generates excitement | GJSentinel.com
    Yeah, there wasn't as much of a dirt transition the other day as compared to the sequence pic. That is one of the coolest sequence pics I've seen by the way!

I really hope a top to bottom route comes to fruition. I'll be making the trip from Durango a lot more often if that happens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Palisade Rim: Awesome-screen-shot-2013-05-17-9.15.04-am.jpg