mtbr member
    May 2007

OT: wedding ceremony location in CB, advice?

Hey all,

I know this is a bit of a stretch but I'm looking for a little off topic advice from the Crested Butte Locals. My girlfriend and I spent a weekend out in CB last July and fell in love with the town, the trails, the people and the scenery. We recently got engaged and plan on having a small wedding in CB next summer. We want to have the ceremony outside with wild flowers and peaks as the back drop. Can anyone recommend any locations to check out?

I understand if this thread gets removed, but I hope you guys don't mind. Thanks!

Superhero in training
    I performed at a wedding (I'm a guitar player) that was on the ski mtn. It was pretty sweet. I forget which peak or lift it was by, but it was very level and picturesque. I remember that it was somewhere north of town, maybe off of Prospect Dr.?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Irwin Lodge if it's still open.

/thread

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    Irwin Lodge if it's still open.

/thread
    Yes it would, but it's not (the lodge anyway).

I've been to a few weddings over my 15 years here, including my own just a year and a half ago. The FS doesn't charge much, so that leaves a lot of options- basically anywhere you want. Some FS locations I've seen used are up past Gothic as well as at the top of Washington Gulch, on a high point near the start of 403. I went to one just a couple of weeks ago at Peanut lake which was really nice. A popular one with locals is the Woods walk, not far from town. The town of Mount Crested Butte has a wedding garden which is pretty nice and also quite affordable. CBMR does weddings on the ski area- the setting at the top of the Gold Link lift is amazing, but pricey. I've been to a few out Brush creek at the lazy-f-bar ranch. We got married at the golf course mostly because it made everything easy since it was one-stop shopping and it was actually pretty cheap because of that. link to mine if you're interested

I'd also talk to some of the local photographers, since they've been to most locations a few different times- I'd recommend Alex Fenlon, Alison White, and Nathan Bilow. Hope that helps and you're more than welcome to pm me about anything.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by cbmtbr View Post
    Yes it would, but it's not (the lodge anyway).
    Ahhh... you make me sad. So be it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    You can also rent out the park or reserve it at least next to the fire station in mt crested butte. It has a nice covered eating area (picnic benches) and a park with slides and swings for the kids to play on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    My son and daughter in law were married at the top of painter boy sept 22 last fall. It was perfect. We rode the lift most of the day downhilling while the girls bailed for the wedding before noon. Some of the guest actually caught the last lift up after getting ready and rode the single track right up to the ceremony it was classic. Big 401 ride the day before. CB resort did a great job, I didn't have to pay for the weding but I know
    the kids were on a budget and everything was first class including the reception.