Desert Rat
    Jul 2005

New Trail Construction - 18 Rd

Hi Folks,

We're gearing up for trail work days at 18 Rd this coming weekend - May 14/15. Come join in to put in the first new trail at 18 Rd (North Fruita Desert) in quite some time. This is the beginning of what will be some additional future trail development in the area.

Get a free T-shirt and some after-building goodies, and do some trail building. Check out www.copmoba.org for information ( http://www.copmoba.org/page.cfm?page...&calendarid=34 )

Scott Winans
    COPMOBA
    RapidCreekCycles

Palisade CO Ride the Palisade Rim Trail
    Niner

COPMOBA

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Hoping to come! My legs got "Ranchstyled" last weekend in the sun, now I've got severely blistered thighs! If I can walk I'll be there! With sunscreen.....
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Any news on how the new trail looks (technical, flowy, etc.)? I won't be back for another week or so to give it a try.

Des(s)ert Rat
    It's not quite done. The trail will fit in quite well with the other flowy 18 Road stuff.

Before:

After:

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Looks great. What's the location and projected completion date?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I rode this trail a few weeks back. It is a nice addition to the trail system. I believe it is better ridden from North to South, but I stumbled acrossed it from the South end and rode it North.

It is not a destination trail like Zip, Chutes & Ladders, Joes' Ridge/Kessel Run, but a connector trail that gives a better option on the way back to the trailhead after finishing the Edge Loop/Cutoff or Chutes & Ladder.

Desert Rat
    Jul 2005
    That's exactly what it was intended to be - an alternative to Vegetarian that isn't continually hammered by cows in mud season. It rolls fine going either way, and offers some nice connection options.
    RapidCreekCycles

Palisade CO Ride the Palisade Rim Trail
    Niner

COPMOBA

mtbr member
    This is a nice addition for sure. However i do have a suggestion, it would be nice if the corners were not so tight so you could carry more speed and let the tires drift a little more. Much thanks for all that built that trail!
    Loose is fast, on the edge is out of control.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I see on the COPMOBA page that there is new trail construction at 18 Road soon. Is that just winter trail prepping or new trail construction? Is so, what is the scoop on that?