mtbr member

Need Info for the Breckenridge Area

My best friend and I will be flying from Atlanta and staying in the Breckenridge area in mid July 2014 for a conference. Afterwards we want to stay a few days longer and do some mountain biking (hopefully we will acclimate by then to the elevation). We classify ourselves as intermediate riders.

Could anyone suggest...
    1. Trails in the Breckenridge to ride. We definitely want to do the ski area.

2. A good place to rent a couple of bikes (we are limited on budget).

3. A good gear store for last minute ride items.

Thanks for any help you can give!

mtbr member
    Try looking up BreckBikeGuides online. They are closed now during winter, but will re-open in May or June. They are great people and will take you around to some of our better trails. For bike rentals, try Elevation or Avalanche Sports.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by voyager63 View Post
    My best friend and I will be flying from Atlanta and staying in the Breckenridge area in mid July 2014 for a conference. Afterwards we want to stay a few days longer and do some mountain biking (hopefully we will acclimate by then to the elevation). We classify ourselves as intermediate riders.

Could anyone suggest...

You won't be acclimatized by then. But don't let that stop you. As far as trails - just do a search in this forum as well as the Front Range forum. Tons of Breck/Summit recommendation threads.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I'll second the Breck Bike Guides. Certainly good people and will show you some fun trails/loops!
    As for bike rentals, a lot to choose from same with getting your last minute gear and such.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by voyager63 View Post

Could anyone suggest...

First off you don't want to do the ski area( not really DH way better trails around), if you want to DH go to keystone or winter park. There is so much riding to do in breck you don't need to ask, just grab a free book when you arrive( they are all over breck to grab 1. Just to name a few that are popular peaks trail is a good starter ride down to frisco if your tired can bus back for free. Flume trails is another good 1 to start out with then i would do a good portion of the CO trail and see how you feel. That would be one that is most of the day. Hit me up when you are coming and i will try and meet up with you guys.

mtbr member

Thanks Richccc

Quote Originally Posted by richccc View Post
    First off you don't want to do the ski area( not really DH way better trails around), if you want to DH go to keystone or winter park. There is so much riding to do in breck you don't need to ask, just grab a free book when you arrive( they are all over breck to grab 1. Just to name a few that are popular peaks trail is a good starter ride down to frisco if your tired can bus back for free. Flume trails is another good 1 to start out with then i would do a good portion of the CO trail and see how you feel. That would be one that is most of the day. Hit me up when you are coming and i will try and meet up with you guys.
    When we get the dates that we are coming out, I'll contact you and see if you are able to meet up with us. Thanks for the advice on the trails. We definitely want to do some DH, we don't have anywhere within a days drive where we can take a lift to the top of a mountain and DH.

mtbr member
    Thanks SkaredShtles. Wasn't sure how long it would take us to acclimatize, but yes, we will not let that stop us!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info jcospoco!

mtbr member
    Thanks LeRiethmiller!