Tigers love pepper...

Miramonte "Rim" - New?

Is that the new trail people were talking about a few weeks back? Or has it been there and I didn't notice it before?

Just stumbled across it today and rode it. Nice trail!

THANK YOU to whoever is responsible (I couldn't make that trail building day)! Left a little donation at the trail head for the cause.

Ride to the ride.
    Yip. New. I rode the east side a couple days ago on my way down and was a bit grumpy about how unimpressive it was. Yesterday I tried to take the old way down the ridge, but was shunted off to the new west side of the trail, which was actually really fun. Should be even better as it firms up.

I love new trails! But I have to admit that I love my old familiar trails, too. Don't like it when that challenging section I've been working for years disappears. It's like taking the yardstick away. How am I supposed to continue to measure how cool I'm becoming compared to the dork I used to be?

--Greg
    Photos and adventures being logged at Dirt & Dogs.

Tigers love pepper...
    Yeah I took the east side first and then came back around the west side. East side was a fun singletrack cruise. West side had a little more challenging stuff.

I didn't go down in the canyon. The west side of the Miramonte Rim should be the "old east side" of Miramonte right? I seemed a lot different than I remember. Did a portion of the old miramonte close?
    Last edited by cobi; 11-12-2009 at 08:56 AM.

Model of Grace and Tact
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeabout

I love new trails! But I have to admit that I love my old familiar trails, too. Don't like it when that challenging section I've been working for years disappears. It's like taking the yardstick away. How am I supposed to continue to measure how cool I'm becoming compared to the dork I used to be?

--Greg
    Greg, I can't imagine there was anything on the 'old' Miramonte that would give you a hard time....

New trail, Cobi. Not on the maps yet.

-Gary

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Most of old Miramonte "high" is now closed. The rim trail on the east has been open for ~1 month and is in good shape. The west side just opened up within the past week or so. Both are completely new lines. As per the earlier post the east is mellow and the west is a little more interesting but both are good additions. Gunny's was re-routed from the middle of the canyon to the toe of slope below the east rim trail and also connects to the east rim trial. There is also a new connector from the west rim trail to old Miramonte "low" that cuts in about half way up the canyon. The bottom part of Miramonte is still open.

Tigers love pepper...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Niceknownya
    Most of old Miramonte "high" is now closed. The rim trail on the east has been open for ~1 month and is in good shape. The west side just opened up within the past week or so. Both are completely new lines.
    OK, that's what I thought. I remember the old Miramonte "high" as you call it going up and over that knob and then dropping down into the canyon. You can see that section of trail but it seemed like it was closed.... you pretty much confirmed my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Niceknownya
    Gunny's was re-routed from the middle of the canyon to the toe of slope below the east rim trail and also connects to the east rim trial.
    I noticed the new gunny connector off the east side of Miramonte rim and also noticed the new gunny re-route below. Wasn't sure what it was, but noticed it as I was riding the east side. Why the gunny re-route? Not that there was anything special about heading up the middle of the canyon or anything... just a better route or erosion control?

Thanks for the clarification. I'll probably be out there riding this weekend and will have to explore the new Gunny sections and maybe hit the new rim trail again. The west side still could benefit from some more people riding it.