Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Making a trip. suggestions plz

758 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  weldo 
#1 ·
me and a fellow rider are making a trip to winter park at the end of july. we are planning to stay in that area for a couple of days then move along to camp elsewhere for another few days. what would be a good starting point to go after wp? we were thinking fruita area, evergreen area and are open to anywhere really. What would yall suggest?

thanks

#2 ·
At the end of July, it's not that pleasant in Fruita/Grand Junction, due to overwhelming heat. I'd stay in the high country. Lots of options. Salida, Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs, Crested Butte, Vail, or Mesa -- the next Moab. (That's a joke there...) Maybe just keep following the Continental Divide Route north or south, cherry picking singletrack or something.

Have fun!

--Greg

Pic from the Greater Crested Butte Metropolitan Area last week.

Attachments

#3 ·
Be Cool!

i agree with the last post. stay away from fruita this time of the year. do some high alpine riding. Georgia Pass to Breck, Monarch Crest (fooses/greens/silver creek they're all good), Rabbit Ears to Steamboat, The famous 401 in CB. That is what colorado mtn biking is really about.

here is a taste of the Salida area.

Attachments

#6 ·
bikebum said:
i'd skip winter park. seriously, anywhere but there, you'll be happier. go to vail and camp on redsandstone road.

i'd go straight to crested butte, best in CO
x2.. im sure he has left already, but the singletrack in winter park is nothing to write home about..at least that is how I felt...and Mountain Bike Capital of the US..thats funny:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.