mtbr member

Lunch Loop Area Camping/GC general Questions

Coming out to GC/Fruita/Moab in late Oct/Early Nov, building my ride list now (really stoked on GC) and am wondering about camping near Lunch Loops or nearby?

I know that 18 road trails have camping at trailhead... or so it seems.

Kokopelli camping??

Trail maps that would include 18rd, Lunch loops Kokopelli and surround area (other than skidmap..... which is great for web)??

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    no camping at kokopelli. no real camping in Grand Junction (GJ, not GC) although you can camp up on the monument. 18 rd has camping, and if you are going to be out in Rabbit Valley there is camping.

RYD W/ FLO
    Mar 2007
    Closest free camping to GJ is gonna be in the north desert (big barren area north of town. multiple roads head out there) or on HWY 141 along 9-mile hill on the way to Gateway, CO. You can also camp up on Glade Park near the Turkey Flats TH or in Rabbit Valley as was snark7 stated.

Pay camping at 18 Rd., on the Colorado National Monument and at the various RV parks throughout town.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Used to live in Grand Junction so I never payed to much attention to the camping situation, but will be coming out the weekend of Oct 5th for some riding and need camping spot also. Wont be riding 18 road so dont want to camp out there and Luch loops is my favorite spot.
    Anyone know if you can camp at the Little Park Trailhead? remember that kind of being a pretty open area were camping would be possible and easy access to trails/town.

Thanks, Brett

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The whole bangs area is day use only. The closest camping is in town unless you want to go out to the desert north of town.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Have you checked out the James Robb Fruita campground? It is right off I70 and has showers and washer/dryer facilities? It is like $16 a night for basic tent or $20 a night if you want an electric hookup.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.