Tigers love pepper...

LL Trail Construction - Oct 10th

Anyone have any additional information about this?

The description is pretty general.

Celebrate National Public Lands Day by building new trail in the Lunch Loop area

This year is the nation’s 16th annual National Public Lands Day and it’s expected to be the biggest year yet. Last year 120,000 volunteers participated in events around the country and this year it’s expected that around 130,000 Americans will gather to improve their public lands. National Public Lands Day gives land agencies a chance to highlight the community’s effort to conserve our land for responsible use. In Mesa County that means trails! Western Colorado is known for its mountain biking and hiking opportunities, and the best way to continue this legacy and show your support for sustainable recreation is to help build the trails that many of us utilize daily. The BLM is hosting a volunteer day to build new trail in the Lunch Loops area, a popular mountain biking and hiking area just 5 miles from downtown Grand Junction. The new trail will be part of the Tabeguache trail system, a 142 mile trail connecting the cities of Grand Junction and Montrose. This is a great opportunity for family and friends to spend a day giving back to the land. Not to mention the chance to win some great prizes!

http://www.volunteeroutdoors.net/ind...tunity_ID=2688

Jul 2009
    I suspect that its connecting Miramonte with that new trail below Gunny, but there are MTBR posters that might have "official" information.

Model of Grace and Tact
    We will be starting construction on a new two mile loop on the east side of the LL's.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Mc
    We will be starting construction on a new two mile loop on the east side of the LL's.

Suspecting this will NOT mean closure of existing trails, that weekend, right? I'm coming in from South Korea just to get all Fruity. Honest.

Tigers love pepper...
    Can't imagine any trails would be closed. The area they seem to be talking about is kinda off by itself apart from the main area of the LL.

Model of Grace and Tact
    Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot2001
    Suspecting this will NOT mean closure of existing trails, that weekend, right? I'm coming in from South Korea just to get all Fruity. Honest.
    AFAIK no trails will be closed for construction. If you want to get extra fruity swing by the Snowflake on Colorado Ave.

Tigers love pepper...
    Don't you mean Quincey's?

How is the turnout looking? I'd like to commit to helping for the day, but the wife is due to pop any day now. I hate to volunteer and then not make it out there.

Model of Grace and Tact
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi
    Don't you mean Quincey's?

How is the turnout looking? I'd like to commit to helping for the day, but the wife is due to pop any day now. I hate to volunteer and then not make it out there.
    Don't know the numbers signed up yet, sorry. Weldo told me his crowd had switched to the Snowflake.

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Mc
    Don't know the numbers signed up yet, sorry. Weldo told me his crowd had switched to the Snowflake.
    actually, we have changed back to Quincy's..free drinks ya know! and the super swanky fixie crowd hangs there..