mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Lazy Sunday out on West Bench...

The original plan was to head up to Turkey Flats, but when I got up this morning, I decided to go the other direction and headed up to Grand Mesa for a ride on West Bench Trail.

I really need to shake my take off super early "beat the heat" mentality. When I got up there this morning everything was still a bit damp and in some places pretty soft from the bit of moisture last night. Not sloppy, but wet enough to make my tires slip around a bit on the rocks. After reaching the fence and turning around, the sun had evaporated the excess moisture and conditions were perfect. And, I did not see another soul or set of tracks all day.

A few pics to document the journey. I was solo so only scenery shots.

Flower picture just because someone was b*tchin' about flower pics on the passion board:

More singletrack, just because:

This meadow would have made for a great picnic if the bloodsuckers didn't eat you alive first:

Great solitary ride away from the valley heat.
    Uh-huh, uh-huh. Okay. Um Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about uuhhh, things. Uhh... the things.

mtbr member
    Sweet,

I looked at it witsfully as we drove by on the way to a Cedaredge Inlaw gathering.