"I want it now!"

Kennebec Pass Shuttle?

Anyone know of any shuttles to Kennebec pass in Durango other than Hermosa Tours? Their shuttles are day-to-day depending on the number of requests and I'm coming into town mainly for that ride.

And no, not fit enough to ride to it!

Can't find anything on the internet.

Thank you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hermosa is the only service. 3 is the minimum # of riders for a shuttle, but you should put your name down with them for the day you want to go and there's a decent chance that there will be some other riders that sign up. They'll let you know the night before or early that morning. If they have a shuttle running to Molas Pass already going, see if they'll pick you up at Purg, Cascade or Coal Bank so you can leave a your car there and get in a Colorado Trail to Coal Bank or Cascade loop. They are excellent alpine rides and a worthy option to Kennebec.

Your other option is to hit up various shops to see if anyone would be willing to shuttle you up, but it would be pricier than Hermosa if you could talk someone into it (I've done it in the past to Molas, Missionary Ridge, and Coal Bank for about $75), but it's an 1.5 to 2 hour round trip up to Kennebec on a rough double track, so you'd really have to make it worth their while.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    My wife and I booked a shuttle with Hermosa Tours when we were there last summer. Not sure if they have since changed their policy on a minimum number of people, but it was just the two of us. I would give them a call to confirm first...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I rode Molas to engine creek and out cascade for the second time this past weekend. I hitched back to my car, waited maybe 5 minutes. This was on a Monday. Always people willing to pick you up, especially if you are in bike gear.