Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Help me Colorado

Retired last year and relocated to Cedaredge, Co. Check it out.

tg
    mtbr member
    Check out Eagle,gobs of singletrack and great skiing close.

mtbr member
    Palisade is the garden spot of the Grand Valley. If you are thinking about the Grand Junction area you should check us out.

I have to admit that I'd pick Durango if my job was there even though it has changed since my days at Fort Lewis.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanMan View Post
    Palisade is the garden spot of the Grand Valley. If you are thinking about the Grand Junction area you should check us out.

I have to admit that I'd pick Durango if my job was there even though it has changed since my days at Fort Lewis.
    I would have to say the whole grand junction area is hard to beat in terms of climate/singletrack/city amenities/affordability/jobs and you can go 30 min up the road to ski at powderhorn.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    I would have to say the whole grand junction area is hard to beat in terms of climate/singletrack/city amenities/affordability/jobs and you can go 30 min up the road to ski at powderhorn.
    Grand Valley would be a bit on the hot side for me May - Sept but then I'm a mountian boy. I like visiting the desert/Grand Valley/Moab, but I wouldn't want to live there. I like being in the high alpine too much. If I had to choose between the OPs options, I'd choose Durango.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    this thread is so cool. it shows how fantastic colorado is, everyone from all the towns are saying how their town is the best, and everyone is totally correct. colorado kicks ass. of course i'd say fruita, that's why i live here. i don't think you'd go wrong anywhere though...

Des(s)ert Rat
    Yep, those of us that live in Colorado are pretty spoiled. I grew up on the Front Range and have lived in Fruita and Grand Junction for 19 years. I enjoy both sides of the mountains for different reasons, but I really love the Grand Valley.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    Check out Salida or Eagle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2