mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Heard gun shots on my ride today.

Rifle season starts at sunrise. FYI.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Is there hunting within the Kokopelli trail system? I saw hunters with orange vests there a few weeks back by the new Mack Ridge connector.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Would't surprise me.

It is BLM land and hunting is allowed on BLM . We have a trail system here in Ridgway that is on BLM property and at this time of year the hunters show up. I try to ride in the middle of the day and leave the "pup" at home! It's only a month or so and it's done for the year.
    Randy

Tigers love pepper...
    Might be bird hunting? I see Chukar quite frequently on Steve's loop.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    there is no hunting on the kokopelli trails, and also, there is nothing to hunt. but no, no hunting on marys, steves, mack, troy, etc.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by snark7 View Post
    there is no hunting on the kokopelli trails, and also, there is nothing to hunt. but no, no hunting on marys, steves, mack, troy, etc.
    Actually, that's not true. Hunting is allowed in that area, but target shooting is not. Hunters must be shooting at a game animal to discharge firearms there.

I see chukar and grouse out there pretty regularly. I saw a covey of 40 or so birds at the Moore Fun trailhead a few nights ago, and have also seen them on Mary's and Troy.