Tigers love pepper...

Grassroots Moving?

Drove by 4th & Colorado Sat. and saw that it looks like Grassroots is taking over the old pawn shop building on the corner. Basically 2 doors down from Bicycle Outfitters, but they kinda go after a different clientele I guess so I wouldn't think it would be a big problem?

Will probably be a much better location than the old one as far as parking/easy access. Anyone know when the move will happen, looked like they were gutting the inside when I drove by?

user-created
    You got your information wrong. Those guys are actually giving up cycling to become full time pawn-brokers. Thus the new location.

Tigers love pepper...
    How different is a MTB shop from a pawn shop anyways?

mtbr member
    I saw the same yesterday. Maybe I can pawn a couple of rifles for some bike parts.

mtbr member
    Yeah we are moving downtown, we will be in the new location by the 1st of August. We are pretty excited about the move. It will be good. I know some people aren't to happy about it, but there are competing retailers next to each other all over the place. So sorry to whom it may concern, but we can't pass up a good thing...

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by D-line
    Yeah we are moving downtown, we will be in the new location by the 1st of August. We are pretty excited about the move. It will be good. I know some people aren't to happy about it, but there are competing retailers next to each other all over the place. So sorry to whom it may concern, but we can't pass up a good thing...
    IMHO, there's no need to apologize. Your old location actually kinda sucked, as it was away from the mainstream of businesses in GJ. I also think having four bikes shops in downtown GJ is a good thing, as it promotes a more competitive atmosphere for the consumer, and allows a buyer more options. Also, given the brands you carry, as compared to the other 3, you are not directly competing as much as offering a wider spectrum of choices. Good move, and I await seeing how you will "decorate" your new building.

Tigers love pepper...
    Yeah, I don't think it will be too big of a deal. As long as the other place continues to take care of their customers I don't think you moving in next door is going to affect them a whole lot.

I hate to admit it, but I drove by your other location at least twice a day and never stopped in to take a look. I guess I always heard you guys were pretty much a DH/FR specialty place, and that isn't really my thing (yet), so that's probably the reason.

I'll make sure to stop in the new location and at least say hi (as long as Brad isn't watching)
    Last edited by cobi; 07-14-2009 at 12:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Frankly, I think some of the ‘big’ name shops downtown have become a bit complacent and uncaring in their customer service and need a jolt to wake them up. So I see this as a very good thing.

mtbr member
    I appreciate the support guys, good to hear.. As far as us being a DH/FR shop, I do try to carry more stuff along those lines. But if I was going to describe us as a shop, I would say we specialize in dirt... I sell more Blurs then anything And there will be no more dirt on the floor though, but some nice hardwood flooring. Thanks again, and see you down there in a couple weeks

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I appreciate the support guys, good to hear.. As far as us being a DH/FR shop, I do try to carry more stuff along those lines. But if I was going to describe us as a shop, I would say we specialize in dirt... I sell more Blurs then anything And there will be no more dirt on the floor though, but some nice hardwood flooring. Thanks again, and see you down there in a couple weeks

The gravel and flagstone were an amazing bit of interior decorating I had hoped you would bring down to the new location, but wood is nice too.

mtbr member
    dont worry- we are putting it to good use! we are building a sweet covered patio off the back of the building and will be using it for the floor out there..... lets BBQ!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Well now where is my puppy supposed to crap when he comes into the shop...James, you gotta think about these things! Just kidding, sorry about the poop by the way but anyway, I cant wait to come ride with you some more, and check out the new shop. I hope you have a sweet PNW trip!

RIDE4FUN
    Just went by with James and Matt today, shops gonna be sick Matt and Jeff have put in some seriously hard work cleaning that place up.

comforter smasher
    Apr 2005

awesome!

congrats, solid work fellas. up here in gunnison we have three shops on two streets with a population of 5g and they all sell the same thing. as long as you guys don't go heavy on the recumbents, road bikes, and tandems, things will be just competitive enough downtown to make people happy. i'm lookin forward to checkin the new shop and pyched to see you guys doin so well. cheers!

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    gettin' close folks...go check it out!!!!!!!!!!

user-created
    The real question is.... what are they gonna do with the fenced-in lot next to the pawn shop? All it needs is several tons of dirt. Or is James going to fill that space with a collection of clapped-out shuttle vehicles?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    The real question is.... what are they gonna do with the fenced-in lot next to the pawn shop? All it needs is several tons of dirt. Or is James going to fill that space with a collection of clapped-out shuttle vehicles?

The lot is a parking lot man... I wish it was fenced in