Thread: Gateway Trails

Tigers love pepper...

Gateway Trails

Anyone done the trails in Gateway? We were over there the other weekend at the museum and I grabbed a trail map. Was just curious if it is worth a special trip for a little new trail one day. Or would it only be worth it if you were already going to be there? Didn't look like a lot of trail, at least not right behind the resort.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi View Post
    Anyone done the trails in Gateway? We were over there the other weekend at the museum and I grabbed a trail map. Was just curious if it is worth a special trip for a little new trail one day. Or would it only be worth it if you were already going to be there? Didn't look like a lot of trail, at least not right behind the resort.
    We did a hut to hut trip with Colorado Backcountry Biker that ended in Gateway. We came down the Ute Creek trail, which was pretty cool, started out with tight singletrack covered in scree, opened up to nice mix of bermed turns and sandy rock. Then we finished with a sick screaming 3 mile downhill on 6 3/10 road to 141.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Search the forum for Gateway. There was a thread awhile back concerning the Gateway resort trails and other area trails.

mtbr member
    Is the Hideaway bar still open in Gateway? One of, if not the best, dive bar in the country. Or at least it was back in the late 70's early 80's.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

Tigers love pepper...
    Sadly I did search and that thread didn't come up but I remember seeing that one at one point. I'm guessing it was too old (I didn't use advanced search or anything). It comes up now that you bumped it for some reason. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Gateway area trails

If you continue south on 141 for another 20 miles past Gateway, you'll find an abundance of great rides. Go to Paradox Trail.org or on FB Paradox Trail and West End Rides for more info. There are discriptions of loop rides including the Y-11 trail from the old iron bridge near Uravan and loop rides off the Paradox Trail.lots of great camp sites too!
    Enjoy.