Serenity now!

Fruita weather- September

Hi, western friends. A group of Mountain bikers from my area are planning a riding trip out your way next summer. I looked at the weather tables, and it seems September might be a good time to hit your trails.

Any comments or advice?
    Duchess of Dab

H2o-Bar
    Mar 2006

Sept/Oct are a great time of year out west

I don't think you'll go wrong heading out in Sept. The weather usually starts to cool down a bit. So it's not as important to get an early start on your ride.

As you get closer to October you'll also have the evenings cooling down as well. You can also get up into the High-Country as well for some tasty alpine singletrack (both on the western slope and the La-Sal's).

Sounds like a fun trip. Enjoy

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I have been to Fruita the past 3 Septembers and had plenty of riding each time. Last September, it did rain for 3 days we were there but the rains don't usually last very long and trails don't take too long to dry out.

Because of the drought last summer, even when it did rain - about 2 hours after the rains - trails were good to go. Call Over The Edge bike shop in Fruita for trail conditions if you have any questions - they open around 9am local time and they are pretty good at giving you trail status's.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Mid-september = primo, generally speaking.