mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Fruita Trails on Tuesday?

So if it stormed last night, are the trails "impassable" today? We came out here for a few and would hate to waste a day.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Storms

I would stay away from 18rd (mud) . Koko's, Rabbit Valley, Westwater should be OK, these are mostly sandy areas and handle the rain pretty well. Currently Raining at the lunch Loops as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Not familiar with the lunch loops. thanks for the advice! We rode Mary's Loop yesterday after getting in, so this area should be OK?

Jul 2009
    I'm not sure it really rained enough to make a big difference. Lunch Loop in particular has the capacity to absorb a lot of water at this point.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Recipe for Hero Dirt

Take dry dusty sandy conditions, add about 4 cups of rain, mix well till the dirt is moist, but not sloppy, roll big knobby tires over the dirt without skidding to keep dirt a smooth consistency. Mmmm, good.

The weather mixed up a nice batch of hero dirt out on Holy Cross this morning. My tires made that nice soft ripping sound like pulling apart velcro.

Trails definitely needed it as things were getting a might bit powdery. The other day the switchbacks on Curt's Lane were so blown out I was doing a two wheel drift in every turn. Today it felt like I was riding rails.

Get out there and get a taste while supplies last.
    Uh-huh, uh-huh. Okay. Um Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about uuhhh, things. Uhh... the things.

Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Poster Nutbag
    Take dry dusty sandy conditions, add about 4 cups of rain, mix well till the dirt is moist, but not sloppy, roll big knobby tires over the dirt without skidding to keep dirt a smooth consistency. Mmmm, good.

The weather mixed up a nice batch of hero dirt out on Holy Cross this morning. My tires made that nice soft ripping sound like pulling apart velcro.

Trails definitely needed it as things were getting a might bit powdery. The other day the switchbacks on Curt's Lane were so blown out I was doing a two wheel drift in every turn. Today it felt like I was riding rails.

It needed it.

Those of us who work are wondering what time you were riding the Cross this am?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slope folk
    It needed it.

Those of us who work are wondering what time you were riding the Cross this am?
    The hound and I dropped off the kiddo ~8:30 so I was pedaling by 8:45 or so. Pretty much had the place to ourselves. I think there were 3 other cars when I hit the lot, and I didn't see a soul till I was almost back to the car.
    Uh-huh, uh-huh. Okay. Um Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about uuhhh, things. Uhh... the things.

Tigers love pepper...
    Quote Originally Posted by Poster Nutbag

Gunny Loop was great tonight!