mtbr member

Fruita & Moab Trip in Sept.... best place to rent a bike?

Flying in and out of Grand Junction third week of September. Going to do a day in fruita, folllowed by three in moab and then end the trip with one last day in Fruita. Looking to rent some sort of "all mountian" style of 26er" or 29er".

Anybody care to share the recomendations and or tips?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I'd recommend Chili Pepper when you're in Moab. Nice selection of bikes. You may want to call ahead to make sure you can get the right make/model/size reserved.

Airborne Flight Crew
    In Fruita, try Over the Edge, great shop - great people....
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    over the edge in fruita, MTB Destinations in Fruita, Hurricane, Sedona, Melrose | OTE Sports

Moab Cylclery in moab Moab Bike Shop, Moab Bike Rentals, Sales and Day Tours - Moab, Utah

and i would recommend two days in fruita, one day moab, and back to fruita. but that is me. only an hour and half between the two, it will work out either way.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by snark7 View Post
    over the edge in fruita, MTB Destinations in Fruita, Hurricane, Sedona, Melrose | OTE Sports

Moab Cylclery in moab Moab Bike Shop, Moab Bike Rentals, Sales and Day Tours - Moab, Utah

and i would recommend two days in fruita, one day moab, and back to fruita. but that is me. only an hour and half between the two, it will work out either way.
    One day in Moab is blasphemous.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    One day in Moab is blasphemous.
    One day in either Fruita or Moab is blasphemous.

mtbr member
    I believe that Moab has the most bikes shops per capita than any place in the world.
    I would not focus on "where to rent a bike?", but "what bike do I want to demo?" and find a shop that carries those. Almost certainly, there is a shop in Moab that rents that bike.
    Craig, Durango CO
    "Lighten up PAL" ... King Cage

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    One day in either Fruita or Moab is blasphemous.
    You make a good point. I think Moab currently has the "moar bettah" riding title. At least for the riding I like to do. Fruita claimed that title awhile back... but the tables have turned. Time for Fruita to step it up. Which, I might add, it appears that they are doing.

Singletrack Slacker
    We are working on it. there has been a large jump in the number of people showing up for build days and the City of Fruita has stepped up Huge with financial support and trying to work with the BLM for us. It would be great for MTBing if other cities got on board the way Fruita has. It's a great time to live here as the stars are aligned with government agencies and the trail building community working together. (who'd a thunk that would ever happen?) Our new trail to be open in the spring is gonna rock, think Kessel and PBR having an illegitimate much bigger baby.
    I need to ride moooore