Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Bad Zen Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerider
    Miles2go Came by you Sunday. Sure like how well manner you dog was.
    Thanks. A super trained rescue on his first "bike ride". He had a blast.

Your pup looked well minded.
    High Country Colorado
    www.fullyloadedtouring.com

mtbr member
    thinking of a ride this Saturday. would appreciate any other info on Mary's/Lions or GJ area. Moab is possible, but a bit far for just a 2-3hr ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Tabegauche was in great condition Feb 5th (at least below Widowmaker Hill).

Model of Grace and Tact
    Quote Originally Posted by drlg
    Tabegauche was in great condition Feb 5th (at least below Widowmaker Hill).
    It's good above as well, just a bit more slickery.

Des(s)ert Rat
    Trail conditions, February 8, 2011. After a stellar weekend of riding the trail with pretty darn good conditions last night's snow changed it all pretty quickly. Here are today's conditions:

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Looks like a week of sun ahead to help dry that out. Keep us posted

mtbr member

aaargggggg

with 8'+ of snow in my yard here in Breck, I was really hoping....
    The best trails are STILL...

www.breckepic.com
    http://mavsports.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Rode Sovereign at Moab on Friday, Feb 11th. Trail was in good shape.
    Avoid Salt Wash from Junction 1-4.

mtbr member
    Hey Western Slope Gang,
    Was wondering if you would think end of March would be OK to ride Fruita? I know it can be dicey, but just looking for some thoughts. Thinking of March 24th weekend.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Woody

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by woody.1
    Hey Western Slope Gang,
    Was wondering if you would think end of March would be OK to ride Fruita? I know it can be dicey, but just looking for some thoughts. Thinking of March 24th weekend.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Woody
    Dicey. You said it. Crapshoot. Take your chances. If it's a no go just keep driving west and south until it is.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woody.1
    Hey Western Slope Gang,
    Thanks a bunch,
    Woody
    Yeah, it's a crap shoot but that time of year is when the odds start getting a little bit more favorable. Still, you should have a plan B ready and as mentioned, Moab isn't that far away, but it's no guarantee either - the weather and conditions are different there, but not that different

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Givin' this thread a bump.

Any current knowledge on the state of the western end of the valley(Mary's and the like, Rabbit Valley)? I figure parts LL is good to go.

I was stuck in town yesterday (GJ) and didn't make it out. It barely sprinkled around me, but looked ominous in every direction. Rain is forecast today, but I'll be damned if I can pick out a cloud right now that looks like it could produce rain.
    Uh-huh, uh-huh. Okay. Um Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about uuhhh, things. Uhh... the things.

Jul 2009
    This is good news! Poster has emerged from hibernation, spring is here!

Tigers love pepper...
    Talked to a rider at the LL lots and he said he ran into enough mud on high noon and miramonte to turn back. I rode up curts/raven to the moto turnoff then turned around and went back down raven, up around ali ali both directions and back down curts. No mud on the bike when i finished but it sounded like other trails need another week or two.

Nice quick ride that left me enough energy to pull the kiddie trailer around when i got home.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Poster Nutbag
    Givin' this thread a bump.

Any current knowledge on the state of the western end of the valley(Mary's and the like, Rabbit Valley)? I figure parts LL is good to go.

I was stuck in town yesterday (GJ) and didn't make it out. It barely sprinkled around me, but looked ominous in every direction. Rain is forecast today, but I'll be damned if I can pick out a cloud right now that looks like it could produce rain.
    Saw in the local rag that search&rescue retrieved a biker at Loma after he fell off a ledge on Sat, Feb 19th. So looks like you can ride at Kokopelli, just be cautious.

Tigers love pepper...
    Quote Originally Posted by drlg
    Saw in the local rag that search&rescue retrieved a biker at Loma after he fell off a ledge on Sat, Feb 19th. So looks like you can ride at Kokopelli, just be cautious.
    Probably the ledge on Mary's I 'm guessing. I always debate riding that section when I'm alone (especially at night).

Jul 2009
    Miramonte was actually good to go yesterday. A little damp on the West rim, but the soil is sandy. Did not pick up any mud, no ruts. Everything else was dry - Kurt's, Ali, Ali Loop, Raven's. Looking down from Miramonte, Klunker looked okay as well.

Des(s)ert Rat
    Here are some photos from today's ride. I went up Curt's Lane, over to Ali Loop, Around Miramonte Rim, up Coyote Ridge to High Noon. I had planned on riding High Noon to Pet-E-Kes, but it was a mess just after the intersection with Lemon Squeezer. I had talked to a gentleman earlier on the trail who said that Pet-E-kes was good to go, but that he walked parts of Lemon Squeezer due to mud.

user-created
    We put some nice ruts in the Cross today, it was almost dry.

Des(s)ert Rat
    Do you always wear your helmet when driving?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    We put some nice ruts in the Cross today, it was almost dry.
    hahahahaha

Did you bring a tape measurer?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Update on trail conditions? Going to hit Moab this w/e. But considering also doing a Fruita ride.

Also, any recommended trails? We are advanced technical riders so up for anything. Proabably like to hit something more flowy if we head out that way! Singletrack with some tech similar to gooseberry mesa would be sweet!

mtbr member
    May 2004

Fruita Update 03/01/11

Rode the Koko's last night. Rustler's, Mary's, Steve's, & Wranglers. All dry enough to ride (now) barring any new moisture. Although many chuckleheads have been out riding and really rutted things up.

I believe 18rd is still too wet.

Shredder
    Dec 2010
    Been riding Lunch Loops the past few days...they are dialed. As long as the rain stays away the rest of the week, the trails should be perfect this weekend!

Schwizzle
    Apr 2006
    How about Rabbit valley this time of year. Coming out in 2 weeks and hoping to hit western rim as I haven't ridden it before. Are conditions usually similar to Kokopelli??

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast