Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Can I get a quick update on Fruita/GJ conditions and if anyone has been to Moab in the last week?

Annual trip beginning starting the week of the 17th so we will be riding all the goods. 18rd, Ribbon, koko loops and then Porc as high as possible and probably Mag 7. Ahab again if we get a wild hair.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbrain View Post
    Can I get a quick update on Fruita/GJ conditions and if anyone has been to Moab in the last week?

Annual trip beginning starting the week of the 17th so we will be riding all the goods. 18rd, Ribbon, koko loops and then Porc as high as possible and probably Mag 7. Ahab again if we get a wild hair.
    Fruita and GJ are dry as a bone. Some rain forecasted this weekend.

Moab shuttles are going as high as Kokopelli on the TWE route. Some folks have been self-shuttling as high as the top of Hazard.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Fruita and GJ are dry as a bone. Some rain forecasted this weekend.

Moab shuttles are going as high as Kokopelli on the TWE route. Some folks have been self-shuttling as high as the top of Hazard.
    Thanks for that update.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for that update.
    Please someone post up what kinda weather you guys are receiving today… thinking about making the trip over to ride RV monday/tuesday
    Front Range, Colorado
    Yeti SB95c
    Yeti ARC c
    9:zero:7 190mm

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Sunday at 9am and it's raining. Rained most of night from the looks of it and most of the day. Rabbit Valley dries pretty quickly, but is a no go today.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    Please someone post up what kinda weather you guys are receiving today… thinking about making the trip over to ride RV monday/tuesday
    Rabbit Valley should be primo awesome by monday/tuesday

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Looked like some pretty impressive flash flooding around Moab. That stuff is pretty cool to watch - from a safe place.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    Looked like some pretty impressive flash flooding around Moab. That stuff is pretty cool to watch - from a safe place.
    Care to elaborate? I'm going to be out there next week.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Care to elaborate? I'm going to be out there next week.
    https://www.facebook.com/ArchesNationalPark?fref=photo

Probably wont be an issue next week unless there are some road or trail washouts at arroyo crossings.

SS in CO
    my wife and I will be in GJ on Saturday looking to ride. are the Lunch Loops good right now? we've never been to GJ to ride, so we're looking for the good stuff. we've been to Fruita already, so this trip will be GJ. just want to make sure we don't drive out there and the trails are closed because of rain or something...

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

H2o-Bar
    Mar 2006
    You guy's should be fine. We've had typical hot summer day's with afternoon thunder/rain. The rain has been spotty and I'd welcome the traction (trails are dry and any moisture quickly disappears).

Best to get out early and bring extra H2O.

SS in CO
    cool. which loop has the best views? or which is a must-do? not looking for the freeride trail, but the others.

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson44 View Post
    cool. which loop has the best views? or which is a must-do? not looking for the freeride trail, but the others.

J.
    Gunny loop is excellent, about a 3 hour ride. Butterknife is also a pretty fun three hour ride.

Otherwise, you can just ride around and explore and make your own loop and have a blast.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17