Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Tigers love pepper...
    Did Mary's out and back. More snow and frozen mud than I was expecting! Cows have a few sections pretty beat up along with the ruts from people riding too late! Off by 9:30, no problems.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Please up date some trail conditions for the front rangers, for this weekend.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by ratmfreak99 View Post
    Please up date some trail conditions for the front rangers, for this weekend.
    Still nothing to ride after 10am. Head to Moab like us.

It is apparent to those of us that get out early when the ground is frozen that people are trying to ride mid-day and later - the trails are getting pretty hammered.

Thanks!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Still nothing to ride after 10am. Head to Moab like us.

It is apparent to those of us that get out early when the ground is frozen that people are trying to ride mid-day and later - the trails are getting pretty hammered.

Thanks!
    Hey Noah, is Moab actually that much better? I've been amazed every time I check weather. Grand Junkyard and Moab both are consistently 8-10 degrees colder than here in Salida. Bass Ackwards.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

H2o-Bar
    Mar 2006

Trails are getting pretty torn up.

Got out early for a little KoKo ride. Look's like some Kook's have been out riding in the mud.

Total Bullsh*t. The cow's and hikers aren't helping either.

The snow/moisture is slooooow to be coming off. Guess I'll be riding frozen rut's for a while.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fruita/GJ Conditions-img_0814.jpg  

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    Hey Noah, is Moab actually that much better?
    Yes and no. Amasa Back has been a God-send, ridden that three times this month. Headed back tomorrow to check out other possibilities.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

Tigers love pepper...
    I think I saw on the Utah forum that Sovereign was ok too. Some of Klondike as well. Considering a road trip.

Is 18rd Ok early or no go?

H2o-Bar
    Mar 2006
    Took a drive out to 18rd last weekend. The trails had alot more snow/ice on them than I expected. I had to turn around after less than 5 min.

Tigers love pepper...
    Thanks. I kinda slept in anyway and missed my window this am. Planning to play hockey tomorrow am, so I guess no ride for me this weekend. Soon enough..........

H2o-Bar
    Mar 2006
    I got out on the Lunch Loops yesterday morning. It was the 1st time since the last couple storms and the rain that we got on Monday. We haven't gotten a hard freeze overnight the last 2 evenings and it was already soft at 0700.

The new snow is melting pretty good but the trails are going to be really muddy for the next week or so. Guess I won't be riding this weekend but the dirt will be excellent for some trail work!

mtbr member
    Time to head for MOAB!

Last edited by jncarpenter; 02-16-2014 at 07:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Any updates for a font ranger. And any moab updates.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    as of monday 3 March, most everything is pretty rideable and sweet, except for the higher stuff in Junction. Same with moab, higher stuff still needs a bit of time.

mtbr member
    Few of my friends just got back from Moab. They road right off Copper ridge; don't really know the name of trails and it looked pretty damn good.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRiethmiller View Post
    Few of my friends just got back from Moab. They road right off Copper ridge; don't really know the name of trails and it looked pretty damn good.
    North Klondike Bluffs. Alaska, Homer, Gnome, Dino Flow, Mega Steps. Good sheeit.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Fruita/GJ Conditions

Quick moab update for those interested. Porc rim from stock tank good to go. A couple spots of snow/ mud today (3/5/14). Not sure about LPS. Saw one other person the whole day!

7-up and mag 7 good to go as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Any conditions reports for Kokopelli trail up high? Thinking about it the first week of April.

mtbr member

nm

.................................................. .............................................

mtbr member
    Any updates on Rd18? I was out there a month ago riding dirtbikes and it was still a little soft and I noticed a lot of hoof marks on the mtb trails. I was hoping to get out there this weekend
    You only crashed because you weren't going fast enough

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mullbags View Post
    Any updates on Rd18? I was out there a month ago riding dirtbikes and it was still a little soft and I noticed a lot of hoof marks on the mtb trails. I was hoping to get out there this weekend
    Hella rad bro.

Obviously the Edge Loop and Sarrlacc-a-boo are a no go, but err-thang else is frickin sweet!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Fruita/GJ Conditions

Pretty awesome conditions this last weekend. Both 18rd and LL. Perfect timing on a 5 hour ride at LL on Sat. Started right after the rain, finished just before it kicked back up again.

Man of Faith
    Oct 2011
    Just returned from 1 week in Fruita/GJ/Moab. All trails were in fantastic shape with the exception of upper Porc. Rim (snow/muddy). Cold on upper Lunch Loop Trails (i.e,. the Ribbon) but once the sun came out, it was primo! Really fun and low crowds made for an awesome week. BTW, got caught in some big wind up high on 18 Rd. trails. Not recommended! I've NEVER had to lean into the wind in order to stay upright while riding. Blew one of my buddies right over. BKOB

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hi all,
    Does anyone have any idea how crowded the Fruita/GJ trails get during the weekend of the Fruita fat tire festival? Any ones in particular that should just be avoided? Or, is it just not that bad anywhere? Thanks!

Except when I'm driving
    Mar 2012
    Expect the 18 road trails to be crowded. The Kokepelli/Loma stuff will be a little more busy, Horsethief will most likely be crowded...but it usually is. If you ride the western Loma stuff there will be hardly anyone, like Mack's Ridge, Troy Built etc. Rabbit Valley will not be crowded. The Lunch Loops will be like a typical weekend in April, crowded at the bottom and people spread out further from the lot.
    I'm bored and at work or else I would be riding

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Great info, thanks! I haven't been in about 4 years and have been wanting to get PBR and the other new trails in. I'll have to get to 18 rd early that day. Thanks again.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast