Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    According to FB, all trails will be dry and rideable in the Fruita area by tomorrow.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    According to FB, all trails will be dry and rideable in the Fruita area by tomorrow.
    I'd believe that for 18rd, Rabbit Valley, and the riverside stuff at Loma.

I don't think it's true *at all* for the north facing stuff at Loma, nor for Lunch Loops. Still a few inches of wet, sloppy snow on both, right now, despite +40* temps today.

I'd think it'll be Saturday night or Sunday AM at the earliest for that stuff.

Please don't rut out our trails--we live here and ride them all summer...

Colorado
    I'm sick of having to read Mother's Against Trail Rutting comments every time I scroll through an MTBR thread.

mtbr member
    seems like locals with brick and mortar businesses would like the tourons to come spend their money while others would rather they stay away....

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfroggy View Post
    seems like locals with brick and mortar businesses would like the tourons to come spend their money while others would rather they stay away....
    Probably true for most.

But as a rider first and brick-and-mortar business owner second, I still want you to stay away.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop the Seat View Post
    I'm sick of having to read Mother's Against Trail Rutting comments every time I scroll through an MTBR thread.
    Yes, because it is far more important to focus on your own ego and trash the trails rather than keep them in good condition. Thanks for sticking a hand up for the 1% that screw things up for the rest of us.

mtbr member
    despite all the naysayers on here, fruit mountain biking on facebook seems to thing that conditions are prime:

"Don't get your panties in a wad" the weather may suck where you are, but Fruita is awesome! Kokopelli, 18Rd, and Rabbit Valley are all in the best shape possible after the moisture of a few days ago. Looks like Lunch Loops should be dry in a few hours. Now get on your bikes and quit calling us in a panic about the weather!!! Go pedal damn it!!!

mtbr member
    and at least 2 local businesses, over the edge and ht are saying the same....

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Any update on the Grand Junction/Fruita conditions? We'll be in town on the 29th for about 5 days of riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Trails are awesome right now! We had some rain this past week, but it looks like mid 80's and sunny for the next week. You should be fine. Your only challenge is going to be choosing what trail to ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I know. Last time we hit Ribbon, Koko loops, lunch loops twice, 18 rd twice. I would love to do others but these were so good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    18 road is getting a little brake bumped on a few of the funnest descents. Joe's and Zippidy both had some of the worst bone-rattling washboards I've ever seen.

But other than that, the trails were in awesome condition this past week. That newish PBR trail is a blast!

Tigers love pepper...
    Would I be safe to assume West Bench is good to go by now?

Singletrack Slacker
    It should be good. We rode higher up on Mesa Top and flowing Park yesterday. These are much better trails than the mud fest that is westbench.
    I need to ride moooore

Tigers love pepper...
    Love flowing park, but was looking for something I hadn't ridden before.

FYI, it's 95% good. Not sure what it is normally like but I'd say we had to deal with 10 spots of mud & water. Able to ride 2 or 3, stepped over or walked logs/rocks on the rest. Ran out of time and had to turn around at west end lift. Fun trail despite the muddy crossings. Mosquitos weren't too bad.

the train keeps rollin

GC & Fruita Conditions

Hi All, going to be in GC this weekend, I see the weather has been unsettled. What are the conditions like? Are there some particular rides in the area that handle some rain better than others? My last trip to Loma, More Fun got a quick blast of rain, and turned to the sticky sticky.

Thanks for your help.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Rabbit Valley if it's been raining which it has. Takes a couple of days for the rest of the trails to dry out after a lot of rain.

Tigers love pepper...
    Looks like about 40% chance of rain the next few days. If we can get a little sun the trails should be fine by this weekend for the most part. If we keep getting rain like we have been, all bets are off. The rain we've gotten recently has been the most I remember getting in a long time.

Rabbit Valley is typically the first to dry out (supposedly). I've never tried it after a shower. Usually everything dries out so fast I just wait a day.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I'm on my way from Portland right now and plan on being in Fruita Monday evening for a few days of riding. I've been eager for this trip for over a year. Please don't tell me everything is un-rideable. I have to ride in mud and rain all winter.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hugothedog View Post
    I'm on my way from Portland right now and plan on being in Fruita Monday evening for a few days of riding. I've been eager for this trip for over a year. Please don't tell me everything is un-rideable. I have to ride in mud and rain all winter.
    it's monday, hopefully you are here. everything is perfect. ride your bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

VeloSwap Denver

VeloSwap is right around the corner

VeloSwap - The World?s Largest Consumer Bicycle and Sports Expo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fruita/GJ Conditions-velo_swap_13_denver_postcard1-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    coming out to fruitaGj tomorrow! noaa says a storm is coming in that could drop snow levels to 6000 ft and maybe rain in fruita? rented bikes for fri/sat. i don't want to jack up wet trails (seen it too much here in asheville nc!) what do yall know about the next few days. rain? snow? how soon after a rain is ok? do trails dry quick? thanks for letting me come ride your stuff! i guess whole enchilada wont be 'whole'!
    h

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The forecast changes too fast to tell. Trails are generally good to go a day after heavy rains. Between us and Moab, you rarely get totally shut down. (This has been a strange year though)

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Re: Fruita/GJ Conditions

So how much snow actually stuck around from this storm?

Team Velveeta™
    And now this?

How much footage over there in Frutah/Grand Junkyard? Looks like clear weather through the holiday weekend, but how much slushmud will there be on the trails?
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast