Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Any trail updates in Fruita? Was planning on coming out Weds-Sunday this week but looks like a mixed bag...possible rain/snow. Has it been wet there recently? Does it look to be dry by thurs? How's 18Rd? What's dry? Anything looking good or should I plan on heading down the road to Moab? Cheers!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Nothing? Anywhere else to get trail reports?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    "Fruita Mountain Biking" on Facebook (OTE's FB page?) has been posting trail reports every few days for the last couple of weeks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Damn, can't get to it from work, will have to check later. Thanks though!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I hit marys/steves and part of more fun today-end of steves was quite wet. I ended up turning around on more fun as it was very wet! Marys was a great ride though and a ton of riders out there today.

Tigers love pepper...
    Snowing hard in GJ/Fruita. Stay away! Gonna be at least a couple days I'd guess.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Rode Joe's Ridge and Zippety thurs and it was really nice, 77 degrees, no wind, dry, sunny. Then rode part of Kokopelli fri morning. Other than a few spots in the trees , it was dry. We left Friday around noon, just got out of there in time. Now skiing powder at A-Basin...

Tigers love pepper...
    Quote Originally Posted by teledude View Post
    Rode Joe's Ridge and Zippety thurs and it was really nice, 77 degrees...
    Meant 67 I'm guessing?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'm guessing we'll have some nice conditions out near the border by the end of this week.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    2 separate thermometers with us on the rocks up near the top of Zippety said 76,77...whatever, it was well warm enough for me to take an outdoor shower, which I did after my ride back in camp. Temp dropped to 40 and colder Fri as we were leaving, storm clouds over the La Sal's pushed us back east into the mtns..for some great powder skiing Sat and Sun.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The lunch loop trails were excellent today! If you haven't been out riding-get out there.

Living in a Wasted State
    Dec 2008
    Could anyone in GJ/Frutia speculate on your weather tomorrow? Looks like ~40 and party cloudy. Seem accurate? Think it will snow tonight? Trying to decide if I want to drive down from Gunnison. Horsethief are sounds like its ready to rock?

Tigers love pepper...
    Horsethief was awesome last night.... Only hours after rain/hail. Barely a puddle to be found.

It's supposed to be cold this weekend but doubt we'll see any moisture (20% chance sat, 10% Sunday).

I'm planning to ride......... But I don't have a 3hr drive first, so easy for me to say.

Living in a Wasted State
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi View Post
    Horsethief was awesome last night.... Only hours after rain/hail. Barely a puddle to be found.

It's supposed to be cold this weekend but doubt we'll see any moisture (20% chance sat, 10% Sunday).

I'm planning to ride......... But I don't have a 3hr drive first, so easy for me to say.
    Thanks cobi

Tigers love pepper...
    So far so good. Partly cloudy, no wind yet. Not supposed to even have a chance at rain until about 2pm. Wind may get up to 10-15.

Hourly Weather Forecast for Fruita - weather.com

mtbr member
    Any recent updates? Head out tonight for some camping and riding this weekend

Tigers love pepper...
    Weather is great. Weekend looks perfect.

mtbr member
    Crested Butte woke to 8" of wet fresh today so our spring has been pushed back a few weeks.
    I'm supposed to head towards GJ this Tues/Wed... A recent report of 18 and Loma would be great.
    Did you guys get any precip from this recent cycle?
    Any tires on the dirt reports from today (Sunday)?
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

Tigers love pepper...
    We got a lot of wind. Also got some rain overnight. Doubt anywhere got enough to keep people off the trails for more than the AM. But I'm too busy with projects around the house to ride today most likely.

mtbr member
    COBI-
    Except for the idea that you're doing house chores- that's good news! Thanks.
    And I actually love gettign chores done so I suppose that I shouldn't assume it's a bad thing.

-JCB
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Chicken Bones View Post
    Crested Butte woke to 8" of wet fresh today so our spring has been pushed back a few weeks.
    I'm supposed to head towards GJ this Tues/Wed... A recent report of 18 and Loma would be great.
    Did you guys get any precip from this recent cycle?
    Any tires on the dirt reports from today (Sunday)?
    Dry and dusty with 100% chance of pasty, fleshy folks like you cluttering the trails.

Lemme know when you're rollin' in.

mtbr member
    Dear MikeSee.... I suppose it's time you change your name to Mike Sigh? As in.... "Oh am I ever old and slow... (sigh)".

Actually as I type that I remember watching you pedal that over sized squishy crap wagon up and over the most insane terrain I've seen a guy go up. Jeez.....

As I pushed my moutain bike... that you called a "cross bike"..... Chump.

LuLu and I will be there Tues eve, camp where evs and then ride 18 road Wed so that she can feel like a mtn biker again. Then don't know what on Thur but do know she's averse to Loma.... (don't ask) but we might bring skinny tires for the Moneument loop.

Will be in touch for some China Dragon(ass).

-John Chicken Bones.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

Tigers love pepper...
    Weather took a serious turn for the worse. Light rain in GJ pretty much all day today. Supposed to rain again tommorow and possibly snow Wed. We need it though so no complaints here, but watch the weather if you are planning a visit.

dead weight
    Dec 2003
    How are the lunch loops currently? Likewise for 18 road?
    A bunch of my ride pics: http://uberfarm.com/mnf

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Current Condition?

Quote Originally Posted by cobi View Post
    Weather took a serious turn for the worse. Light rain in GJ pretty much all day today. Supposed to rain again tommorow and possibly snow Wed. We need it though so no complaints here, but watch the weather if you are planning a visit.
    Driving up from Cortez in the morning and hoping to ride Loma area and 18 rd through the weekend. Looking to get current conditions and if it would be smarter to try Loma on Friday afternoon and wait for the 18 rd on Saturday depending on how much moisture you received this week? In Cortez we did not receive enough moisture to even settle the dust on Phil's!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast