mtbr member
    May 2004

Fruita beginner trails

Im heading to Fruita this weekend with a group of people. My girlfriend is coming along and she is a beginner mountain biker and only feels comfortable on easy trails with only a small amount of elevation change and arent very technical. I was wondering if there are any trails like that in the Fruita area?

mtbr member
    Rustlers should fill that slot nicely.
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

Tigers love pepper...
    +1 on Rustlers (in Loma). That would be my first choice. A little climb to start but GREAT trail for beginners.

Kessels in Fruita (18rd). Prime cut maybe?

should know better.....
    As said, out at Kokapelli's, Rustlers is perfect for that.
    Also, do a few laps on Prime Cut at 18 Rd. ride up the road, or even shuttle a run down from the top of the road, as long as she can use her brakes reasonably well, she'll have a blast. Only one or two tricky spots, which can each be navigated either slowly, or on foot. Then, turn around and ride back up it. Very mellow climb. Once she is comfortable on this, go across the road and do Kessel Run. One of the most fun trails you'll ever ride, and the difficulty is dependent entirely on speed, faster = more challenging. slower = very manageable.
    "Always Ride."

-Anthony S.

Model of Grace and Tact
    There is also a newer trail called 'Kid's Meal" that starts near the Lunch Loops parking lot. It's pretty easy as well.

Jul 2009
    Back in the day, we had two beginner trails around here, they were called Lunch Loop and Mary's Loop.

But seriously, Prime up and Kessel's down is a great beginner's loop.