Huh?
    Apr 2005

Eat and drink in Grand Junction

OK i'm heading to Moab this weekend. Flying into GJ and have a few hours to kill waiting for the rest of the crew to show. Where is the best place to grab some grub and a beer. Would like to stay within 15 minutes or so of the airport since we'll have to make it back there to get the rest of the crew.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Kannah Creek Brewery on 12th street caddy corner from Colorado Mesa University. Best micros in town and decent food.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    If you want to stay really close to the airport, Enzo's is just a few blocks south of the airport.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanMan View Post
    Kannah Creek Brewery on 12th street caddy corner from Colorado Mesa University. Best micros in town and decent food.
    +1 on Kannah Creek - their ales are sweet! Food is great too.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I get all of my Colorado travel advice from one place and that is We Know Colorado so if you are looking for great information about traveling to Grand Junction that is where I would start. Have fun though I love the city of Grand Junction I have never ate there though.

Tigers love pepper...
    Most everything is within 15 minutes of the airport. You want like a sports bar or just a resteraunt?

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    we hit the Kannah brew pub yesterday. It was great as expected. The beer was good and the food just right. Had the porter, the IPA and the stout. It was all good. The Buffalo chicken sandwich was tasty as was the salmon quesadilla.

Thanks for the advice.

mtbr member
    ColoradoTravel, I checked out your website for Grand Junction. Pretty worthless, innacurate and full of grammatical errors. "Colorado Mesa University is named after the nearby Mesa National Monument"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drlg View Post
    If you want to stay really close to the airport, Enzo's is just a few blocks south of the airport.
    We ate there last Tuesday. Then I developed an allergic reaction to something that had me in the ER the next morning. Not sure what it was, but lunch at Enzo's was high on the list of suspects. I had the chicken parm sandwich which was great. Still got my week of riding in though

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjack View Post
    We ate there last Tuesday. Then I developed an allergic reaction to something that had me in the ER the next morning. Not sure what it was, but lunch at Enzo's was high on the list of suspects. I had the chicken parm sandwich which was great. Still got my week of riding in though
    I've found that eating every meal at the Hot Tomato when I'm in the area works best. That is all.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I've found that eating every meal at the Hot Tomato when I'm in the area works best. That is all.
    Hah hah! You mean the hype tomato? Or maybe even the over hype tomato?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    HT is good. Nice atmosphere, great pizza, ok beer, mtn bike vibe, outdoor patio.