zul
    Will Guide for Beer

Durango Trail Ideas

Will have 3 solid riding days in the mountains above Durango this Sept. Plan to become a repeat offender atop Engineer Pass which leaves two days and two requests for trail info ...

1. Is there a trail that rolls through Aspen for extended periods?
    2. One day of chunk or technical riding?

We plan to camp on Old Lime Creek Rd around Sept 20th. Should be a good time. Since all of us in the group are riders, we'll be the ones thumbing a ride up the 550

Thx in advance. Your mountains rule.
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

Towlie for prez
    Sep 2005
    1....yes,north fork of west mancos.stfa,and you will see a trail report from a few months ago by bonesgetbroke.You will be immersed in aspen for 90% of the ride!!!
    2...We can show you around some local trails that have technical sections(looping a few diff trails)...this aint moab,so there isnt a lot of real techie stuff. Sailing hawks,and raiders ridge mostly.
    Let us know when you will arrive,we would be happy to help you out.

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by zul
    we'll be the ones thumbing a ride up the 550
    You should use that thumb to dial up Hermosa Tours. They can shuttle you to all the goodness.

No one will pick up bikers thumbing it on 550. Nothing personal, just don't expect it to happen

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    No, not really planning on thumbing a ride. Hermosa Tours seems like a cool setup and for $30 per person, it sounds like they will get us where we need to be. Seems reasonable and I'm happy to support these Mountain Geeks (insert: envious)

Is there any trail info: Length of trail / elevation gains, where to park for the North Fork trail head? Sounds like the perfect suggestion for September!
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zul
    No, not really planning on thumbing a ride. Hermosa Tours seems like a cool setup and for $30 per person, it sounds like they will get us where we need to be. Seems reasonable and I'm happy to support these Mountain Geeks (insert: envious)

Is there any trail info: Length of trail / elevation gains, where to park for the North Fork trail head? Sounds like the perfect suggestion for September!
    Check this site out spokejunkies.com
    timan

More Chasmism
    +1 Sailing Hawks.