Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    HIYAH
    Reputation: heeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    738

    Durango Single Track

    With Phils and alien now clear how is The lower durango stuff coming along? Telegraph/carbon jct/etc.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TTHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    500
    Getting there.
    Horse Gulch road up to Raider Ridge is good to go. Some of the Meadow is good, but not all of it. Telegraph won't be ready for several more weeks... snow stays there longer.
    Sailing Hawks (Dalla Mtn Park on maps) is supposedly good enough to ride.
    Test Tracks (Overend Park) will probably be a while still.
    Animas Mtn and a lot of stuff east of Telegraph are always closed til mid April.

    So, fairly slim pickings for now, but things are just starting to open up.

    These guys do a good job of updating conditions, especially i the early spring:
    https://www.trails2000.org/trail-conditions/

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: noosa2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,576
    Quote Originally Posted by CWnSWCO View Post
    Getting there.
    Horse Gulch road up to Raider Ridge is good to go. Some of the Meadow is good, but not all of it. Telegraph won't be ready for several more weeks... snow stays there longer.
    Sailing Hawks (Dalla Mtn Park on maps) is supposedly good enough to ride.
    Test Tracks (Overend Park) will probably be a while still.
    Animas Mtn and a lot of stuff east of Telegraph are always closed til mid April.

    So, fairly slim pickings for now, but things are just starting to open up.

    These guys do a good job of updating conditions, especially i the early spring:
    https://www.trails2000.org/trail-conditions/
    I'm planning a trip to Durango for the second week of April and I'm wondering what how rideable the trails will be by then. I'll keep a eye n that web page.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    500
    Everything 'in-town' should be good to go by then, for sure.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    121
    I think right now we might have ~15miles of dry trail. second week of april will be wayyy better.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    110
    FYI some trails have a wildlife closure until April 15th.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: noosa2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,576
    Thanks for the info on the trail conditions and fire restrictions.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,036
    how bout this weekend?

    any of that snow clear out?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    how bout this weekend?

    any of that snow clear out?
    It is currently raining, which will help but then it needs to dry. Looks like saturday-sunday will be nice. But still only low, sun exposed trails. Horse gulch meadow and recently telegraph, the ridge, sail hawks, and some test tracks. Not a whole lot but whats riding is riding good!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednblackbike View Post
    It is currently raining, which will help but then it needs to dry. Looks like saturday-sunday will be nice. But still only low, sun exposed trails. Horse gulch meadow and recently telegraph, the ridge, sail hawks, and some test tracks. Not a whole lot but whats riding is riding good!
    Thanks for the reply, do you think this rain will effect Phil's?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    121
    from what I can tell Phil's is real nice

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: noosa2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,576
    Can wait to get to Durango...only a week from today. How are the trails looking?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by noosa2 View Post
    Can wait to get to Durango...only a week from today. How are the trails looking?
    They are in really good shape.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: noosa2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,576
    Awesome.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11
    I'll be in Durango area this month on the 22nd and 23rd before heading up to Fruita for Mountain Biking other than Alien and Phil's what would be a 3rd must do trail in the area.
    Taking time of year and conditions of course.
    This is my first trip to Colorado for mountain biking...

  16. #16
    ...
    Reputation: ameybrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,503
    Dry Fork loop will likely be open and dry by then


    Why would you own 100 Yugos when you could own 1 Porsche? - Rumpfy



  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    121
    Town trails are off the hook right now! Wildlife bans are lifted so all the low country, around town stuff is riding and riding great. Skip alien run and just come to town.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednblackbike View Post
    Town trails are off the hook right now! Wildlife bans are lifted so all the low country, around town stuff is riding and riding great. Skip alien run and just come to town.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks!

  19. #19
    HIYAH
    Reputation: heeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by oamsfl View Post
    Suggestions?
    Thanks!
    I spent the weekend in the gulch including the recently opened stuff (cowboy, etc). Also ran out and over skyline. Everything is great right now. Recently opened stuff is a bit ruff but not enough to worry about. I now folks are out right animas as well, but I have not been up there yet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TTHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: noosa2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,576
    Had a fun time in Durango this weekend. Rode Overend mountain park on Saturday and then Junction creek out and back on Sunday. Wish I had more time.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2015, 03:22 PM
  2. Single track 810
    By mrpotter in forum Trek
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 07:51 PM
  3. Project! 930 single track going single speed
    By Samblam in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 06:10 AM
  4. Keeping it single..... Married but prefer single track.
    By jaycastlerock in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 10:01 AM
  5. Looking for more single track?
    By JDM in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 09:42 AM

Members who have read this thread: 89

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •