A guy on a bike Moderator

Durango to Four Corners?

Has anyone ridden much in the Four Corners region? I'm wondering if it would possible to ride from Durango to the Four Corners Monument. Thanks!
    Last edited by TobyGadd; 01-23-2013 at 09:04 AM.

mtbr member
    There are roads. Do you mean dirt? A little more criteria would help.
    G

A guy on a bike Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_strom View Post
    There are roads. Do you mean dirt? A little more criteria would help.
    G
    Ideally, I'm hoping to link together a bunch of awesome singletrack. Ha, I can dream, right?

In reality, I'm hoping that I can link together as much singletrack as possible, even if it means adding a bunch of miles. Along with with some dirt roads (and even pavement as necessary).

But from what I can tell so far, I think that I'll be lucky to stay off the pavement at all...

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=
    But from what I can tell so far, I think that I'll be lucky to stay off the pavement at all...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I think that might be the case. In a former life I was a cross country motorcycle fiend. I spent hours pouring over maps finding crazy routes to crazy places (and days riding them).

From here to that destination is very very checkerboard with lots of private and tribal land.

Nothing is impossible but there comes a tipping point when the coolness of a route to somewhere is over shadowed by the contrivance of said route. This might be a case where the contrivance factor wins.

That said, I would be glad to peruse maps and dream crazy navigation dreams. The Comb Ridge would be a pretty sweet feature to link on wheels. It goes south but...

-G

psycho cyclo addict
    Dunno about riding on anything other than pavement.

I recommend you check out Phil's World outside of Cortez, CO- had a blast there a couple years ago.