mtbr member
    May 2008

Durango conditions mid-June?

As a former Coloradoan currently in exile out of state, I'm headed back in mid-June for some MTB pedaling (finally). I hear the San Juan snowpack is a tad low this year and Hermosa Creek might already be open. Any other wild guesses as to what other trails up high might be open by June 15? I realize June in the Rockies can be a big roll of the dice, but any first hand beta on trail conditions would be most appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Heading over to do Hermosa on Saturday, but reports are muddy but rideable!!! Phil's World in Cortez and Boggy Draw in Dolores though are in amazing shape right now! I would guess that Horse Gulch and Junction Creek stuff in DGO is in fine condition too!

Singletrack Slacker
    Rode Phil's and Horse Gulch over Memorial weekend, all in superb condition.
    I need to ride moooore

Towlie for prez
    Sep 2005
    I would say given this years snowpack(currently at 16% of normal) everything will be rideable.You may encounter a few snowfields,but it's looking pretty bare up high.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZipZip
    As a former Coloradoan currently in exile out of state, I'm headed back in mid-June for some MTB pedaling (finally). I hear the San Juan snowpack is a tad low this year and Hermosa Creek might already be open. Any other wild guesses as to what other trails up high might be open by June 15? I realize June in the Rockies can be a big roll of the dice, but any first hand beta on trail conditions would be most appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
    Hermosa Creek has been open for weeks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Highest stuff is still a no go. Mid to lower stuff is all good with regional muddiness. Afternoon rains have been really good for the trails.