Fly High!

DH/Freerider coming to COL (telluride) any other close suggestions?

edit, thanks got it all figured out!
    Last edited by RidingRiot; 07-01-2010 at 12:54 PM.
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

Model of Grace and Tact
    All of the GNAR! was moved to the front range last fall. Googlemaps can help you out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'd suggest calling the bike shops in telluride..There's several hours of great xc at the resort and I know they have some sort of a downhill course. Not sure if it's "gnarr"
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

Fly High!
    Thanks, Ive got the drop on some stuff now, meeting a friend that lives out there. Any close bike parks other than silverton?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I found some GNAR! under my couch the other day. My four year old must have put that sandwich there months ago. I would have sent it to you if I'd seen your post earlier.

Seriously, just ride the free gondola. I'm sure there is plenty of fun stuff to entertain you.

Airborne Flight Crew

What to expect for TRide dh from the lifts...

Couple weeks ago...

Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

Fly High!
    Hey thanks for the vid, I/We had a blast WC and Pan are awesome! had some great weather too! glade to see the road gap open for Buisness!

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard
    Couple weeks ago...

Is this stuff ridable by a skilled rider on a slack 6" bike? Doesn't look too gnarly, but hard to tell from the video. Thinking about heading out there next week

Airborne Flight Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley
    Is this stuff ridable by a skilled rider on a slack 6" bike? Doesn't look too gnarly, but hard to tell from the video. Thinking about heading out there next week
    You should be fine - we ran in to a cat there a couple weeks back that was killing it on a Reign with 2.5s and a nice big fox fork. Another dude was on a specialized pitch and seemed to be doing just fine too.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

Pin it to win it
    Aug 2008
    It's a lot steeper then it looks in that video. Problem with those chest mount cameras is they tend to make everything look flat. Some of the stuff is definitely pretty steep, there's a road gap and a pretty big drop on the WC course.

You should be fine though, I've ridden there a couple times on a slack 6'' travel bike and ridden everything aside from the WC drop. They don't have a ton of trails, but what they do have is way fun and it's free! Definitely worth the trip.
    Speed has never killed anybody. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you.

www.danwalkerphotovideo.com

Airborne Flight Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    Hey thanks for the vid, I/We had a blast WC and Pan are awesome! had some great weather too! glade to see the road gap open for Buisness!
    Pan is my fav - glad you had a blast. Will be cool if that place picks up some momentum, killer destination.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

Fly High!
    i spoke with some of the park builders there, and they've got plenty of plans coming up soon! and soon they are putting speakers in the super G so when it stops you know whats up and here is the "wc drop" dont look like much, but its prob the biggest feature there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Airborne Flight Crew
    A few more shots...

Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website