long time listener

Decent bike rental in Vail valley?

I'm looking to rent a mtn. bike in the Vail valley, preferably in Avon, next week. I know about the touristy bike rental places like Charter Sports, etc., who basically rent hybrids . Is there a place were I could rent a 29er hardtail with a decent shock ?

Thanks, Jon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbruner View Post
    I'm looking to rent a mtn. bike in the Vail valley, preferably in Avon, next week. I know about the touristy bike rental places like Charter Sports, etc., who basically rent hybrids . Is there a place were I could rent a 29er hardtail with a decent shock ?

Thanks, Jon
    I rented from Bike Valet at Vail. I got a full squish 29er for the full day rate of $40

I'm sure there's places over at the Beav too. Might be cheaper to rent down in Avon rather than up at the mtn.

long time listener
    Thanks, I found a place today that does just that: $50 for a full squish Specialized w X9 and a Fox on front. Later this week...

Most of the rentals are low-end stuff - just gotta poke around, I guess.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I was looking for exactly the same thing.

Also, Is it worth it to rent a Downhill bike for Vail mountain?? I'm visiting for the first time and don't really know what to expect. I have never used a downhill bike before, or ever been to a lift assisted mountain with a bike, so I thought this might be the oportunity.

From what I searched most of the trails seem to be quite easy and maybe just a trail bike is good enough. However I'm going to be there for a week and will also go for one day to keystone which seems to be more downhill/freeride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I think its called Vail Ski Tech but its right down by the main gondola which you take for bike haul. I dont know prices but I see scott voltage FR (7" single crown) and kona entourages? (8" dual crown) bikes for rent there out front every time I pass.

Just FYI. Prices may be higher since there right at the base of the lift, I couldnt say for sure though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Venture Sports in Avon rents yeti's $65 (asr5, 575, sb66, sb95, 303wc) one of the better deals in the valley...imho Vail is more fun on a trail bike 5-6" than a DH rig
    Always looking for rare/vintage Yeti Bikes and parts. PM me

mtbr member
    Venture has awesome rental bikes and maintains them very well. They are in Avon. Double Diamond in Lionshead, Troys in the village.
    you can get passed a dog... nobody fuks with a lion