mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Debeque today...any beta

Hey folks, headed to Debeque today to ride. Anyone been there? riding the V2/10 road area.

thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    we rode it.....we were told there were 2 loops. 8.5 miles and 16 miles. We went to ride the small loop, missed a turn and went for an adventure. I had to stop the strava to find out where we were and how to get back on track then restart. 1st pic....I took my 2 strava tracks and joined them together. 2nd pic is the small loop we tried to ride.

This is an adult ride which needs MORE riders. Soft in a lot of places, no real markings (just some ribbons and carins). trailhead is 10 minutes from the highway. An incredible ride that offers everything! go check it out.

Debeque today...any beta-debequeride.jpg
    Debeque today...any beta-debeque.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I agree completely. Wife and I went out there today; drove around a bit finding the trail but once we did, WOW! Reminded me of a Gooseberry/Phil's combo; so much potential out there and very different from our trails here in GJ. Wasn't as loose as I thought it would be and the trail was pretty easy to follow. Will be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd braun View Post
    we rode it.....we were told there were 2 loops. 8.5 miles and 16 miles. We went to ride the small loop, missed a turn and went for an adventure. I had to stop the strava to find out where we were and how to get back on track then restart. 1st pic....I took my 2 strava tracks and joined them together. 2nd pic is the small loop we tried to ride.

This is an adult ride which needs MORE riders. Soft in a lot of places, no real markings (just some ribbons and carins). trailhead is 10 minutes from the highway. An incredible ride that offers everything! go check it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	debequeride.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	215.3 KB 
ID:	800104
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	debeque.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	800105
    OVER the rocks, not around

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Is there any nice dispersed camping on those nearby roads? Looks fun- C

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Some tent sites but didn't go back in far enough to see if there's any trailer-able spots.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey4 View Post
    Is there any nice dispersed camping on those nearby roads? Looks fun- C
    OVER the rocks, not around

Singletrack Slacker
    These trails are actually on a voluntary closure at the moment. Our access to these trails is actually on shaky ground at the moment. Please be considerate and stay on trail if you must be out there at all. Go to the BLM website and make comments for continued access on the Resource Management Plan before the end of June.
    I need to ride moooore

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckled View Post
    These trails are actually on a voluntary closure at the moment. Our access to these trails is actually on shaky ground at the moment. Please be considerate and stay on trail if you must be out there at all. Go to the BLM website and make comments for continued access on the Resource Management Plan before the end of June.
    BLM Wildhorse Closure...is that what you are talking about? says it's over on May 31. I looked on the BLM website and that's all I could find. there were no closed gates and no signage anywhere about a closeure....help me understand what's going on? link?

and we did stay on the established trail, most recently used by dirtbikes.
    Last edited by lloyd braun; 05-26-2013 at 08:41 AM.