Bite Me.

De Beque Barbeque

Rode De Beque on Saturday. About 1/3 of the trail system got torched pretty good in the Pine Ridge fire. It looks like they used the Sulphur Gulch well roads as a fire break to protect the town. The southwestern single track is posted as off limits for now, but the main rock sections and the stuff out towards the wild horse area all looks unburned. It was really nice out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails De Beque Barbeque-de-beque-9.jpg  

De Beque Barbeque-de-beque-5.jpg  

De Beque Barbeque-debeque-1.jpg  

De Beque Barbeque-de-beque-2.jpg  

When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Superhero in training
    Looks cool. I'm not too far from DeBeque. Is there a bike shop or website that has info on the trails in that area?

tg
    mtbr member
    Give me a call next time you hit that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoSean View Post
    Is there a bike shop or website that has info on the trails in that area?
    I've always been interested in riding out at DeBeque. Does anyone have more information? Directions? Maps?

mtbr member
    I don't know of any readily available maps of the DeBeque trails. Check w/ Rapid Creek Cycles in Palisade, they may have some handy beta on the area. Take V.2 road west out of town. I believe the spot we usually park at is about 6 miles out of town (?), at the first slickrock outcropping that the road crosses. It is pretty much a place to explore, get lost, suffer, and wonder when you can make it back to do it all over again.