Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    May 2007
    great to hear, thanks BDKeg.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Can't wait to get there Thurs eve! Hoping it's not too packed and we can find a nice secluded car camping spot! A stream or river would be great but we'll have to take what we can get!!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    rode 401 for the first time this season, still lots of snow/mud from schofield to the top. Prepare to have a lot of walk a bike, other than that the downhill is good!

MSH
    mtbr member
    Looking to do Snodgrass-403-401 on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Sounds like 401 is ok but does anyone know if 403 has any chance of being good to go by mid week?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    From what I've heard, 403 is under quite a bit of snow and 401 is still fairly muddy anyway. So many other trails- I'd wait on 403-401 and try something else.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbmtbr View Post
    From what I've heard, 403 is under quite a bit of snow and 401 is still fairly muddy anyway. So many other trails- I'd wait on 403-401 and try something else.
    Thanks for the info...much appreciated. That's a bummer...was looking forward to that one. I'll most likely be doing Reno-Flag-Bear-Doctors on Tuesday.
    Any recommendations for something similar in mileage/elevation gain as Reno-Flag-Bear-Doctors for Wednesday? I'm only in Gunnison for a couple of days and will do Hartmans early Thurs morning before I head back to Denver.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Well, Teocalli Ridge is open again after a couple of years, so that is a possibility (you could add Strand or something to get more miles if you wanted.)

Another option is this: from Brush creek, go up the Strand/Farris rd to 409. Take that to the new Point Lookout trail and then down 409.5. After that, add in Strand, Farris, or 402. Great views/ great descent.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH View Post
    Looking to do Snodgrass-403-401 on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Sounds like 401 is ok but does anyone know if 403 has any chance of being good to go by mid week?
    I would still ride 401, yea you'll do a bit of walking the bike from schofield to the top but don't let that deter you since the downhill is dry. You could probably get by on 403, but there will most definitely be places to have to walk through when you hit the dark timber on the downhill.

I agree with cbmtbr, hit teocalli or dyke instead of 403...both are better rides in my opinion. Combo snod-401 as well.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by cbmtbr View Post
    Well, Teocalli Ridge is open again after a couple of years, so that is a possibility (you could add Strand or something to get more miles if you wanted.)
    What was the story? Maintenance/reroute?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    What was the story? Maintenance/reroute?
    Yes and yes, hope the new trail is as good as the old one, I haven't gotten out there yet.

mtbr member
    What is the current status of the wildflower season? Late, on time, current?? How long till it could be over?
    I love my bike!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by snaqtime View Post
    What is the current status of the wildflower season? Late, on time, current?? How long till it could be over?
    Full on wildflower madness. Wildflower season lasts all summer here. Once they start dying out, go higher. Plus there are waves of them- right now the Lupine are starting to die off, but they're just being replaces by other flowers in other colors.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by snaqtime View Post
    Full on wildflower madness. Wildflower season lasts all summer here. Once they start dying out, go higher. Plus there are waves of them- right now the Lupine are starting to die off, but they're just being replaced by other flowers in other colors.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Any idea when Snodgrass will be getting shut down this year? Heading down there tomorrow night for the weekend.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    Any idea when Snodgrass will be getting shut down this year? Heading down there tomorrow night for the weekend.
    Usually sometime around mid August when they put the cattle in the fields...it's riding good too, just rode it this evening

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks for the quick reply BDKeg. Good to hear. I've always been there in late August/Sept so this will be my first time riding it. Hoping to get a spot up Slate and plan to mostly just ride from camp. Room at the hostel booked for Sat night.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3