Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    [QUOTE=TomP;11135622]Dude, exactly! Excellent idea! Let's all get trust funds and move to CB. Who's with me?![/

But, I promised my wife that we would moved anywhere, it would be to Salida. If I can podium, and win a raffle prize, that's where I need to live. No chance of a podium in CB, plus, we are about to close on a home in Steamboat that has garage big enough for all my bikes, the wife's Subaru wagon, and my F-250. No chance I'll ever leave Steamboat now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Where's a good place to look for a roommate there? Got a job offer already. Is there a lot of rentals not posted online? I'm thinking about just renting a 2 bed and then finding a roommate.

Rock n' Roller
    Do you have any pets? Check out The Crested Butte News

I also have a friend who might be looking for a roommate. Message me if nothing listed there looks good.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by seanpatrickb View Post
    Where's a good place to look for a roommate there? Got a job offer already. Is there a lot of rentals not posted online? I'm thinking about just renting a 2 bed and then finding a roommate.
    CB news is the most obvious for online listings: The Crested Butte News

I would also check craigslist. I know there are quite a few rentals that don't get posted online, also people wanting roommates get posted on fliers around town as well. It might be worth calling up a few property managers here in town to see if they know anybody looking for roommates as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Sounds like I'll be out there late may. Come out and see me, I'll be behind the bar at the ginger cafe. Looking forward to getting in some rides with you guys.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Sounds like I'll be out there late may. Come out and see me, I'll be behind the bar at the ginger cafe. Looking forward to getting in some rides with you guys.
    Nice, the Ginger is a good spot. Hartman's opened yesterday. A friend of mine is renting her place, it's a 3 bedroom if you're still looking. No pets.

Rock n' Roller
    Dude, jump on that place! Rentals are impossible to come by this year...
    Super excited for you! And, message either me or BDKeg when you get into town. We shall ride and it will be awesome. Hartman's rocks my world.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I think three bedrooms may be a bit excessive, unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    One more question. Is there a reasonably priced gym in town where I could just lift? No interests in classes or anything like that, which is all I'm finding. Maybe the high school?

Rock n' Roller
    Not too much in the way of gyms, but if you are dead set...
    Elevation hotel and spa (80$ a month)
    The Gym at Crested Butte (45$ ish)
    Rec Center in Gunnison about 35 minutes down the road (20$ish)
    More yoga than you could do in a day (I think there are about 4 yoga places and one crossfit gym...possibly)

mtbr member
    May 2011
    One more question. Is there a reasonably priced gym in town where I could just lift? No interests in classes or anything like that, which is all I'm finding. Maybe the high school?
    Try here:
    thegym

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    That seems like my only real option, that price just kills me. I'll be in town next Friday and am ready to do some riding.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    That seems like my only real option, that price just kills me. I'll be in town next Friday and am ready to do some riding.
    not sure if we'll have any dry trails next week in CB, we are suppose to get a foot of snow this weekend, but Hartman rocks is prime right now!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Yeah, sounds like CB is a bit of a ways off. I plan on hitting Hartman, Salida, and Canon City while I swing through to do some boating. Maybe a Grand Junction trip after I get some money coming in.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    Dude, exactly! Excellent idea! Let's all get trust funds and move to CB. Who's with me?!
    HAHAHAHA. youre not the first to have this idea. half the population in the winter is trustafarians shredding the slopes living off family money. lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Anyone think the 401 will be open over the July 4th weekend? We're planning on some car camping somewhere there and that seems to be the main trail you have to hit.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bncrshr77 View Post
    Anyone think the 401 will be open over the July 4th weekend? We're planning on some car camping somewhere there and that seems to be the main trail you have to hit.
    should be good by 4th of July, but I'm not sure what the status of the road going up there will be by that time. It's still closed to cars well before rustler's gulch so no shuttles if you were planning on doing that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the info! Not sure exactly what we're planning yet... Just kind of decided on CB today and have been looking for more secluded car camping spots and great rides! Found this link Crested Butte, CO and it suggested primitive camping off of Gothic road and doing the 401 from there?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bncrshr77 View Post
    Thanks for the info! Not sure exactly what we're planning yet... Just kind of decided on CB today and have been looking for more secluded car camping spots and great rides! Found this link Crested Butte, CO and it suggested primitive camping off of Gothic road and doing the 401 from there?
    yep, plenty of free camping up gothic road, but it's past where the closure currently is, so hopefully they'll get it open soon. Another option is up washington gulch road, which has dispersed camping as well. July 4th is a pretty busy weekend so if camp spots are sparse also check out slate river road, kebler pass and out brush creek road. All of those areas are free as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Awesome! Looks like we'll just show up, drive around on the roads you mentioned and see what looks best! Should be a killer time!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Headed there this weekend, assume that just the rides closer to town are currently snow free? Any update on RFBD?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Headed there this weekend, assume that just the rides closer to town are currently snow free? Any update on RFBD?
    yea everything close to town is good to go.

Green lake, dyke are still under some snow, same with 403/401. I've heard people riding Doctors and there is some snow up top in the timber, but the downhill is good. Haven't heard anything on RFBD yet, but I imagine the most snow you might run into there is up top on reno road where the usual snow drifts are, I imagine 95% of it is dry.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Makes it really tempting to go for a RFBD this weekend.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Rontele, did you check out RFBD this weekend? I'm headed out there in two weeks and am hoping everything will be open...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppman View Post
    Rontele, did you check out RFBD this weekend? I'm headed out there in two weeks and am hoping everything will be open...
    had a friend that just rode it a few days ago, said it's good to go, a few of the water crossings are a bit high, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast