mtbr member
    Apr 2004

New question here. crested butte july 3,4,5? house rentals? VRBO challenged

hey all- anyone have any hookups in CB for a 3 day MTB trip for 5-6 people. July 3,4,5 depart 6th saturday back to denver. MANY of the VRBO houses are 5 night minimums! PM me if you have suggestions. weve rented in KT, CO, and Shenandoah and CB is proving to be a challenge.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Check out the San Moritz condos in Mt. Crested Butte... it's not in town, but it's a great location on the mountain. They have 2 & 3 bedroom condos for rent, they're reasonably priced, and they just remodeled much of the complex a couple of years ago. I've stayed there several times in the last few years.

You can get to the Upper TH in about a minute, you can ride from your door to the lifts or to the resort trails, you ride to the Snodgrass TH in about 10 minutes... needless to say it's in a good location.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    All I have to say is good luck if you trying going through any of the "rental agencies" that are located or operate in Crested Butte. I am having a wedding there and was trying to work with/contact several agencies (who have listings on VRBO) and the service was terrible. (Note: I'm not ripping VRBO, these are agencies who list on VRBO) No one would answer the phones, call back, or respond to any emails besides just copying and pasting the rental ad. I was patient and kept trying over a time period of several weeks.

Its unfortunate as some of the properties seemed amazing. We eventually gave up and everyone either booked at one of the B&Bs or privately owned hotels.

I wish some of the owners of these properties could be alerted about this. I'd be pissed if my property was being managed so poorly. Good luck though, Crested Butte is one my favorite towns in CO.

Last summer we got a great deal using priceline. We stayed at Mt. Crested Butte which isn't an ideal location if you are interested in staying in town, but the hotel we were at was great for the price we paid. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Most replies I've gotten so far are 5-7 day minimum stays for houses. We're working many angles. For vrbo I do notice the agencies and the interactions are very different than Vermont or va where we've gotten houses for last 2 years. Anyway- were hopeful still but I hear you! Good luck and congrats on the wedding !!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I work for Peak Property Management in Crested Butte and am so sorry to hear you had bad experiences with service in CB. We would be happy to help you if you are still looking or for a future vacation. My name is Kat, you can call our office at 970-349-6339. Again, I am really sorry that you had a poor experience. We thrive to make the guest experience excellent from first contact and all the way through the booking process, during their visit to Crested Butte and beyond.