mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Crested Butte 9/11-9/13

I have plans to be in the CB from Friday 9/11 to Sunday 9/13. My friends who where supposed to ride with me can't make it for work and personal reasons. Looking for someone to ride with. Reasonably fit Durango rider. Looking to do longer (4-5 hour) rides. I have done most of the rides in the area and am up for exploring new terrain or repeating the classics.

lover of trees
    Oct 2005
    Hi,

I might be down depending on work. Gotta get as much in as possible before the snow hits!

Cheers,
    Michael

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Sounds good. If you are going to make it shoot me a PM and we can figure out logistics.

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Ruby Street and I just rode a sweet variation of the classic Reno/Flag/ Bear/DM loop.
    You need to commit to a long shuttle but it is well worth it.

Park one rig at the North Bank CG and then drive to the top of Bear Cr Trail. Ride the loop Reno>Deadman>Flag>Bear>Dr. Park.

I'm still grinning from this ride.
    Enjoy.
    .....cheatin' life, and peelin' out on the lawn.........
    -Sage Francis

hikebike-bagpeak
    Check out the Pearl Pass Tour 9a.m. Sunday 9/13: start from Butte and roll over Pearl to Aspen.
    Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
    www.radtrek.com/blog.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Check out the Pearl Pass Tour 9a.m. Sunday 9/13: start from Butte and roll over Pearl to Aspen
    Not really my cup of tea. I am more of a singletrack mind. Also I'd like to be back in Durango by dark on Sunday. Saw your post looking for partners to shuttle- hope that works out for you and you have a great ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

I'll be there

Hey man,
    One of my friends and I are driving down friday night from Denver and are planning to ride all day Saturday and sunday around Crested Butte. Honestly neither of us have ever ridden in the area, so we would probably be more interested in just hiting some of the best (classic) trails but if you want to join us that would be cool. We are both solid riders, in shape, I'd say and like you are real singletrack hounds. Shoot me an e-mail (jrosenthal84@gmail.com) if you'd be interested in riding together. That long ride bones get broke mentioned sounds cool. I've heard that Doctor's Park area is pretty nice.
    A friend (I'm not sure quite how good a rider he is) said three trails that we should definitely hit are the 401, which I have heard a lot about, Doc. Park, and upper upper. Again since we are new to the area, local knowledge of trails or even just suggestions if you don't feel like riding all the same trails again would be great. Later.
    Jack