Tigers love pepper...

Collbran- Vega Res. area?

Might be heading up Sat morning to look at a buddies property, was thinking about bringing the bike. We'd only have 1-2 hours to ride. It would be his first ride! Well, I mean he can ride a bike.... but hasn't "mountain biked".

My trail book is at home.... Anything interesting to ride near Vega Res.? Looking for a beginner/intermediate trail probably.

I know there's a 6 mile loop around the lake with a little singletrack according to this:
    http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/vega-loop.html

That could do the trick, but sounds kinda lame. I have a full suspension bike for him to borrow so I wanted to give him a little bit more fun/chalenge than a dirt road.

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    flowing park.....

Tigers love pepper...
    Ha, you think you had to wait on me....... he hasn't even ridden! You're a glutton for punishment.

But seriously.....Isn't flowing park on Lands End? I mean it's in the general area, but I was hoping something we could hit REALLY close to the lake.

How was your sushi? Mmmmm... love that dynamite shrimp!

Tigers love pepper...
    I found this map... (beware it's a 15MB pdf file)

http://parks.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyre...pRev180509.pdf

Looks like there's a lot of ATV/Jeep trails around.

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    he would love a double track if he has never "mountain biked"....I am perty sure that is how it all started

Tigers love pepper...
    Someone at work suggested trail #517. He thinks it's called Blue Spruce Trail. Anyone?

Otherwise looking at Brush Creek #529.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi
    Someone at work suggested trail #517. He thinks it's called Blue Spruce Trail. Anyone?

Otherwise looking at Brush Creek #529.
    I know this is about a year old, but I'll be heading into Vega State park this coming weekend and looking for some trails to ride. How were these 2 trails? Were you able to find any other rides within 30 mins of the park?

I will be able to ride nearly anything, or at least be able to scope and walk w/o problems. I'll be riding with a couple people that are new to biking though.

Tigers love pepper...
    I can't remember which one we actually rode off the top of my head or even looking at the map. I think it might have been 514?

Ride turned out to be very short as the guys I took were sucking wind about 2 miles into it and wanted to turn around. It was double track ATV trail..... nothing spectacular but it was decent enough.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Cool. Thanks for that map. the USFS website sucks to navigate.