Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CB Suggestions

mtbr member

CB Suggestions

Hey All,

The fam and I are headed back to CB over labor day and I've got permission to do 1 big ride. For me thats about 25 miles and up to 4000 vert. I've been to CB several times and was hoping to do something new. Had planned on Deer Creek, but the trail conditions report is saying best to avoid now due to cows. Any other suggestions? I've thought about Doctors...but everyone says to go with someone who knows the ride, and I will prob be solo. Here's the list of the bigger rides I have already done:

Snodgrass/403/401
    Teocali Ridge
    Reno/Bear/Deadman's gulch

Of course, if I have to repeat a trail these aren't bad options.
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    I don't have any additional trail suggestions but I should be there visiting my brother and riding over tha Labor Day weekend. Keep an eye out for another 5 Spot (XXL, Black) accompanied be red Yeti Kokopelli and an Felt 620 hartail. Give me a shout and I'll buy you a beer.
    .....cheatin' life, and peelin' out on the lawn.........
    -Sage Francis

mtbr member
    I'll look for you. I'm on a black spot as well. Prob ride the 401 with the wife one day and hopefully a suggestion from this forum solo.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Do Dr. Park. You can pull it off solo. Have the wife drop you off up Spring Creek & pick you up in Taylor Canyon.

mtbr member
    Its been on my list for some time. Pretty easy to follow? Hard to get lost?

Gotta love the descrition from the CB website:

You are now at the top of a wondrous downhill. Hang on, for the fun begins. The first part is recently rerouted into several sharp switchbacks. Below these, the trail is now unbelievable buff and fast. The banked turns are perfect and soil is hard and fast. Forget the brakes, Luke. Use the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Do Dr. Park. You can pull it off solo. Have the wife drop you off up Spring Creek & pick you up in Taylor Canyon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I've only been to CB once and have ridden 401 (out and back) and Reno/Flag/Bear/Deadman. Based on your criteria I would go with Ren/Flag/Bear/Deadman. It's a great ride through some nice country.

mtbr member
    583>400

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bones get broke
    I don't have any additional trail suggestions but I should be there visiting my brother and riding over tha Labor Day weekend. Keep an eye out for another 5 Spot (XXL, Black) accompanied be red Yeti Kokopelli and an Felt 620 hartail. Give me a shout and I'll buy you a beer.
    With Fam.?
    S-FU and I may be there, I have to get clearance first, Clarence!
    Craig, Durango CO
    "Lighten up PAL" ... King Cage

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnirider
    583>400
    Can I get a little more beta? I see 400 to Doubletop in the guidebook, but not 583. What kinda ride we talkin' bout?

Living Life Behind Bars..
    if you have a GPS and want the Dr Park Ride let me know. I was there for the first time this summer and did it solo a few times. Saw a few people riding it alone as well.

Found Reno, Bear, Deadman more remote solo but I have several weeks of riding so your welcome to the GXC files. PM me your email and I will flip them to you,

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrossman
    With Fam.?
    S-FU and I may be there, I have to get clearance first, Clarence!
    Yeah.
    I think we're going to head up there Friday night and stay 'till Monday. I'm not sure how much room my bro's got but I can ask if you two dirty hippies want to grab some floor.
    -Sage Francis

mtbr member
    Much appreciated. PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by g-t-
    if you have a GPS and want the Dr Park Ride let me know. I was there for the first time this summer and did it solo a few times. Saw a few people riding it alone as well.

Found Reno, Bear, Deadman more remote solo but I have several weeks of riding so your welcome to the GXC files. PM me your email and I will flip them to you,

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    slc, I'll pm you my cell number. Give me a call if you want some company on the DR. Park ride. I'll be riding 401 with my wife and little man on Sat. and I'd like to hit DP on Sunday. There also might be a couple other fellas in town from Dgo that would be interested as well.
    -Sage Francis

mtbr member
    Sounds good. I still need to get approval from the boss...not sure what day I can come out and play. If its Sunday I'll give you a ring.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg
    Can I get a little more beta? I see 400 to Doubletop in the guidebook, but not 583. What kinda ride we talkin' bout?
    This ride a big...long climb up Cement Creek over two 12,000 foot passes. From town it is over 40 miles....we did it a couple weeks ago and it took us close to 7 hours.

We will be there the same weekend doing big rides Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Doctor's Park is pretty straight forward.

mtbr member

Never mind...

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg
    Better stick to Dr.'s

Quote Originally Posted by steadyflow
    This ride a big...long climb up Cement Creek over two 12,000 foot passes. From town it is over 40 miles....we did it a couple weeks ago and it took us close to 7 hours.
    Sounds like you were lost...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnirider
    Better stick to Dr.'s

Sounds like you were lost...
    Don't think so....Star Pass via Cement Creek > 400 > 409 > Strand Bonus > Town. I am sure there are other routes, but we were on what we intended to be.

Now when we tried to do 409.5 we got way turned around and were lost....rough, slow slog up 405....rough.

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    get the lat 40 map and drs park will be a snap, can also incorportate some of the gunnison spur of the Colorado trail if you want to make it a little longer, theres some nice single track heading back to drs

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    One more vote for DR. Did it a couple of weeks ago. You climb on a gravel road along side a stream and hop on a trail to the right for a Creek crossing (8 miles up I think) after that there is tough climb but you can grind it out. Then a few ups and downs for bit after that one of the sweetest downhills... I can even express how much fun it is.

mtbr member

Now for the rest of the story...

Quote Originally Posted by steadyflow
    Don't think so....Star Pass via Cement Creek > 400 > 409 > Strand Bonus > Town. I am sure there are other routes, but we were on what we intended to be.

Now when we tried to do 409.5 we got way turned around and were lost....rough, slow slog up 405....rough.
    583>400 4-5 hour ride tops. What part of 583>400 did you not understand?

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bones get broke
    take him up on this...its the nicest thing he has ever said to anyone...ever

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by weldo
    take him up on this...its the nicest thing he has ever said to anyone...ever
    Yeah... he won't think so when BGB gets hungry and eats one of his arms.

mtbr member

Hold The Bus !!!

BGB ... If the Doctors ride happens on Sunday I wouldn't mind jumpin in. I'm gettin' up at the butt crack of dawn to ride crest-agate tomorrow (SAT.) but will be back around to check the interweb in the afternoon sometime. maybe send me a pm if you get this in time. everybody likes a self-inviter.

Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
    Rubystreet - Check you PM's
    Contact info sent.
    -Sage Francis

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Dr. Park?

Are you guys still riding this on Sunday? Would love to join up. From Boise and am in CB now until Monday.

Thanks, Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast