mtbr member
    May 2014

Booby-traps on trails near Carbondale!

I read in the Post yesterday some sick moron booby-trapped some trails near Carbaondale. The BLM is offering a $1000 reward for any information leading to an arrest. The trails mentioned were in the Prince Creek area. Three boards with many sharp nails sticking out were discovered by mtbrs on 6/17 with a clear intent on harming someone. Anyone who has info should call the BLM at 970-876-9000. Thought I would pass this on to those who ride in that area, you never know what this idiot is going to do next, Hope they catch this person(s) soon! Be Safe Out There!

mtbr member
    I think they need to jack up the reward and post wanted posters up just like the old West. Lets get some serious bounty hunters on the trail of these azz holes.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    A $1000 doesn't sound like much for our safety. I wonder if they have a bike patrol much like the Front Range does? It's all volunteer! Someone would have to go out there and put a few cameras on the trail to catch these bastards! Who has that kind of resources to do such a thing?

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun91 View Post
    A $1000 doesn't sound like much for our safety. I wonder if they have a bike patrol much like the Front Range does? It's all volunteer! Someone would have to go out there and put a few cameras on the trail to catch these bastards! Who has that kind of resources to do such a thing?
    Resources to put up cameras or resources to put a nail board on a trail? To have any real chance of catching someone, you'd have to have a LOT of cameras, several dozen in the least I'd think and even then a lot more trail won't be covered than will. To cover miles of trail effectively you'd need literally hundreds of cameras. The local BLM or FS office might have a dozen or so wildlife cameras to use at most.

Catching someone like this is usually simply a matter of random chance, the person gets sloppy or greedy and someone just happens upon them.