MC Hammer

In Aspen/Snowmass this weekend, looking to ride and hang out!

Hello all,

I just booked a last min flight to Aspen tomorrow and will be in town through Saturday! I've already gotten some great info on trails from the Aspen/Snowmass thread, but I wanted to put the call out to anyone looking to ride/hang out.

I consider myself to be an intermediate rider from Austin......(yeah yeah, another azzhole Texan) I tend to prefer the fast flowing stuff over technical trails (used to race XC), I would also love to do some road riding and maybe even a hike (I'm packing my SLR so I'd love to get some nice shots)

lastly, I'm interested in getting a taste of the night life out there so any info on that would be appreciated as well!

Thanks!
    Hammid

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Goddam Texans...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Make sure you give Smuggler a go and try to show it who's boss. I have yet to do so and it pains me... well, not as much as the pain felt going up. Also hit up Woody Creek Tavern of an evening. A gentle trail out of town to it and back. More of something just to relax.

Have fun... I am going through some Aspen winthdrawl as my last visit was in '05 after making it a summer spot for the years preceeding it. You'll have a blast.

Edit to Add: If you want to do more than ride, my first summer I got hooked on hitting the rapids with Colorado Riff Raft. They have since closed but the same people now run Aspen Whitewater. Much fun can be had on the Roaring Fork and their guides are cool people to hang with.
    Last edited by zgxtreme; 07-08-2009 at 05:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Ton's of good restaurants in town have a bar menus. Same food as sit down only > 25% cheaper. Hit the Belly Up for live music, one of the best venues in the country.

Fast and flowy:
    Government
    Sunnyside