mtbr member

Is anyone doing this race in Delta????

I found out about this from work actually...

http://www.deltabikerace.com

It's a 12 hour relay out on BLM land just west of Delta. It appears from their blog that they have been putting this together since sometime last fall, but I just heard about it a week ago. Anyone?
    This post brought to you and provided by:

The Department of Redundancy Department

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitaGuy
    I found out about this from work actually...

http://www.deltabikerace.com

It's a 12 hour relay out on BLM land just west of Delta. It appears from their blog that they have been putting this together since sometime last fall, but I just heard about it a week ago. Anyone?

I got this from their blog:

Our web site is still a work in progress. So here is some more information. To keep things simple we are going to have just a few classes, Solo male, female, Duo male,female, Co-ed, 3-4 person male,female,co-ed. The course will be mark the weekend before the race . There will be a camping area available friday and saturday night.

Same weekend as the Singlespeed Worlds in Durango though. If the worlds are on Sunday I suppose one could do the 12 hour race on Saturday.....

Wish it had more singletrack, but it's nice to see some more races like this start up, and hopefully over time they will cut in some good trails. I've ridden on more than a few stretches of singletrack cut in by boy scouts.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I read the blogsite, apparently the link above actually is the website, and it looked like the blog is from 2008. I agree that it is good to see some races coming this side of the state. I'm going to go check it out in the afternoon, considering I work at the prison that the race is behind! lol Maybe I'll be able to find some nice riding areas that I can hit right after I get off work in the afternoon.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    We have been working on this for a while with the blm. We would have like to have more single track but there is not much ot there right now and the blm has a hold on any new trails until they release their new travel plan. We hope in the near future we can build some new trails as the area of the race has some huge potential. If any one has question or is interest in scouting out some trails let me know.

Phil

deltabikerace.com

Tigers love pepper...
    Looks fun. I'd really like to talk a few friends into doing it for fun. Too bad it's a few days from the wife's due date. Might be a bad time to be out in the middle of nowhere.... how's the cell reception on course?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi
    Looks fun. I'd really like to talk a few friends into doing it for fun. Too bad it's a few days from the wife's due date. Might be a bad time to be out in the middle of nowhere.... how's the cell reception on course?
    Out on the pavement, you have plenty of reception...once you get a little further west of Delta, and down a bit into the lower valleys, I wouldn't count on it at all. Even 50 between Delta and GJ has some dead spots.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The parts of the course that you can see Delta or hwy 50 from there is coverage. unfortunately the start line does not.