3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009

Any Riding near Dove Creek?

I will be heading to Dove Creek fo a week around the first of Sept. I wouldn't mind breaking away for a ride or 2. I would like to get 8-12 miles out of each ride. Out & back or loop doesn't matter. Not looking for any real technical stuff just a nice ride with views would be cool. I would like to stay within about 1.5 hrs driving time from Dove Creek.

Anybody have any recommendations for rides or a resource to find some rides in that area?

Thanks, Curtis

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    1.5 hrs. of driving can put you in Moab, Durango, Telluride, or Cortez. I dont know of any specific trails out in D.C. If your're looking for exercise and views there are lots of forest and mining roads in the area.

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    Didn't realize I would be that close to Moab. I think I will save that for a trip with buddies. I wouldn't mind driving to any of the CO towns mentioned if someone has a few trails to recommend. Yesterday I picked up forest map to look for some trails. I dont mind riding a little double track if that is needed to get to some nice singletrack.
    Phils World looks close so I will give it a try.
    Hows the CO trail out of Durango?

Jul 2009
    Check in with the LBS in Cortez, Kokopelli Bikes and Boards, or something like that. Great little shop, they can set you up.

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by slope folk
    Check in with the LBS in Cortez, Kokopelli Bikes and Boards, or something like that. Great little shop, they can set you up.
    Thanks, They have some rides listed on their website. I will stop in there before I get out to the trail.