Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Rode the classic route through Silvercreek and rainbow yesterday. On the trail at 9:30. Plenty of weather- hail rain and sun. Heard a lot of thunder, but never really got a storm directly overhead. Barely any snow. Trails are super tacky. Awesome ride, beautiful views! Left some dry clothes in a waterproof bag on the side of the road in poncha springs. Got changed there, stuck out my thumb and had a ride up to Monarch Pass within 10 minutes. ( Left my bike with my riding partner)

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Question for those-who-may-know...
    Did the major rain that caused mudslides on Poncha Pass on Tuesday create bad conditions on Monarch Crest? I'm planning on riding it Friday morning...

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hi,

I'm planning on riding Monarch Crest on Tuesday, July 29th. I'm going to be traveling from Denver back to California over the course of that week and stopping and riding as I go. I'm sure there will be others taking shuttles up, but I thought I'd see if anyone else was planning on being up there that day since I'm not a local and never done the trail before. Always fun to meet up with high quality dirt bags!

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by addATX View Post
    Question for those-who-may-know...
    Did the major rain that caused mudslides on Poncha Pass on Tuesday create bad conditions on Monarch Crest? I'm planning on riding it Friday morning...
    Don't know for sure, but I doubt it. There are a couple drainages onto 285 that regularly flash. It's happened before and the trails didn't take any unusual damage. But call or email Absolute Bikes (absolutebikes.com) to ask them if you want to be sure.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2