mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Alternate Trail Down from Hotel Draw

I have heard from a couple of sources that there is a trail that goes down from the Hotel Draw area on the Colorado Trail. I have looked for it a couple of times and have not been able to find it. Can anyone give me some beta on how to locate it? Doing Blackhawk this weekend and would like to avoid bombing down the road from Hotel Draw if there is a trail alternative. PM me if it is a "secret" and you don't want to post to the forum. Thanks

Towlie for prez
    Sep 2005
    Ive heard the same as well,but no luck also. Supposed to join up w/upper Hermosa.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I think you are referring to the West Cross Creek trail. When you come off the CT onto the road, instead of dropping down the road you ride up about 1/4 mile. Then on the left is a big dirt berm with the trail visible just over it. The trail then drops to Hermosa Creek which you cross then you take a left to get back to the upper trailhead.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by torreyho View Post
    I think you are referring to the West Cross Creek trail. When you come off the CT onto the road, instead of dropping down the road you ride up about 1/4 mile. Then on the left is a big dirt berm with the trail visible just over it. The trail then drops to Hermosa Creek which you cross then you take a left to get back to the upper trailhead.
    What he said.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    We found it. According to my GPS it was more like 3/4 of a mile up the road. The trail is in the new edition of the Durango area map by Single Track Maps.

Singletrack Maps

Having a map would probably help in finding it, especially if you were not familar with that section of the Colorado Trail.

The trial is outstanding- one of the best I have been on in 20 years of riding in this area.

mtbr member
    The 6 mile descent down Corral Draw doesn't suck either if you want a little more CT.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I rode it last week as well. The local who suggested it over Corral Draw called it Stagecoach. I liked it much more than Corral.