mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Affordable Durango Accomodations?

Want to spend a week there in mid-July, but noticed even the Super8 wants $120 a night for a room. Anyone have any recommendations other than camping?
    Thanks,
    Richard
    Don't hate me because I'm Ti

mtbr member

check out days end

I,m staying at The Days end at about the same time as you are.. they are $ 79 for a king and $ 89 for 2 queens. its not a dive i have stayed there before you can hit some the town trails from there also..
    http://www.daysenddurango.com/
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    thanks for the link. I don't need fancy, but clean is nice. Good to know you've stayed there before too.

Richard

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    check out this site www.laplatadiscount.com they have some good savings also for all kinds of stuff.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    vrbo.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky dick
    Want to spend a week there in mid-July, but noticed even the Super8 wants $120 a night for a room. Anyone have any recommendations other than camping?
    Thanks,
    Richard
    http://www.durangohometownhostel.com/

canuck
    ahh sweet

im headed up there sunday

wonderin where i was going to sleep and shower

thanks man !!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Definitely do not recommend the Days End mentioned in another post. The room was filthy and very noisy. To their credit they gave me no problems about refunding the nights I had pre-paid.

Was able to negotiate a really good deal further up the mountain where a lot of places have vacancies. Places are willing to haggle over prices in this economy so use that to your advantage. There are some good places on the vrbo site also, but you need to plan ahead quite a bit to get the dates you want.

OTB
    bikma cost more thn carma
    try the locals on couchsurfers.com FREE!!!! Except the high high price of staying with hippies....
    Be still and know.....

mtbr member

Days inn

I stayed at the days end this weekend with my family had no probs with the room... wife liked the location 100 yards from the trail along the river took the kids to the river to play while i rode. its not the Marriott$$$$$$$$$ reminds me of a lot of surf motels up and down the so cal coast jump out of bed and go surfing. except this time its on my bike.......... My wife is looking forward to staying there next summer again because of its location in town. the walls are thin but i stay in motels a couple of times a month so I take a sound machine to block out the next rooms noise while I sleep.. its not the best room i have stayed in. But i would rate it a 6 of 10 but for the price its worth it..
    Last edited by Rakuman; 07-14-2009 at 08:29 AM.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

agu
    mtbr member
    how about possible places to stay in for SSWC09? Might be making the long trip over if I manage to scrape up enough cash