mtbr member
    Jan 2006

12 hours of Mesa Verde

any idea how to find out when the new web site for the 12 hours of Mesa Verde (Cortez/Phil's world) will be put up? The current site says look for a new site prior to Christmas, and it is supposed to have info about registration for 2013.

mtbr member
    Good question. Registration is the first or the second I think. Seems kind of unlikely they'll get it updated by that time: 12 Hours of Mesa Verde - Mountain Bike Team Relay Endurance Race
    '11 Trek Superfly 29er SS

NedwannaB
    Wow this looks like a great venue. Thanks for posting up link!
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

Des(s)ert Rat
    I've raced this a couple times and was super impressed with the organization, the course, and the atmosphere. I would race it again in heartbeat!

mtbr member
    I raced it this last time and it is an awesome race and a super sic course. The new website is up and running and looks like there are two waves of registrations too. here is the link

12 Hours of Mesa Verde - Mountain Bike Team Relay Endurance Race
    ilovebikes.blogspot.com

Superhero in training
    Wow, that looks like a cool race!

Can I ask the people who've raced it before, what was great about the race? I know Phi's World is primer riding, but what else about the race made it good/interesting/fun?
    Roan Cliff Chaos
    June 15-16 in beautiful Rifle, Colorado
    https://sites.google.com/site/roancliffchaos/

mtbr member
    The Mesa Verde race has become more serious and competitive I think over the last bunch of years. They have increased the number of racers and it still sells out. I enjoy that race mostly because I like riding Phils. I'm not a serious competitive rider.

The dinner is pretty good too, although if you are riding the last lap, there won't be any food left when you get in
    '11 Trek Superfly 29er SS

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Registration opened this morning. Looks like all of the solo categories except Women's SS are already full. They are going to do a second wave though on Feb 8th. Not sure how that will work. Crazy how fast these races fill up!

mtbr member
    Super crazy how fast the races are selling out. A real testament to the awesome hard work all the volunteers do for this race!

www.singletrackmapping.com
    Ft. Collins & Lyons – Golden – Buffalo Creek – Durango – Phil’s World – Crested Butte

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    45 min after registration opened this morning it was sold out in all the categories I tried: 3-4 coed, 3-4 geezer, 3-4 male, duo male, etc.

NedwannaB

Any repeat racers?

Quote Originally Posted by jan_nikolajsen View Post
    45 min after registration opened this morning it was sold out in all the categories I tried: 3-4 coed, 3-4 geezer, 3-4 male, duo male, etc.
    Do you think some grab team spots then fill in riders after? Wouldn't mind straying in on a team.....
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Do you think some grab team spots then fill in riders after? Wouldn't mind straying in on a team.....
    Seems like there are always people trying to find team mates as the race draws closer. I thought there used to be a page on their web site for people to post and connect for team mates but I don't see it on there. Maybe their new "coming soon" web site will have this feature.