Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Zee Best TRAIL near SW corner of C470?

2K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  hairylegs 
#1 ·
I'm begging for a response. Please, please, please, please.

I moved here from SLC, and this Front Range is freakin me out. I'm used to facing East to look at the mountains, and I just can't figure out what and where to ride.

I'm near SW corner of C470 after work so I'm looking for the best technical downhill nearby. Don't care about what it takes to get up.

#6 ·
Deer Creek is a great choice. You can add a portion of South Valley to add about 3 miles each way. Both are Jefferson County Open Space parks. Also, you can ride Waterton Canyon up to the Colorado Trail and then ride the CT, Roxborough loop, Indian Creek loop or any variation thereof. You just have to be willing to put up with the 6 miles each way of Waterton.

#11 ·
Bulldozer said:
I'm not sorry if you are offended by me offering MY opinion on shuttling Apex. I've ridden Apex and I don't believe that it is worthy of being shuttled.
Thanks for the warm welcome :thumbsup:

I think I'll check out Deer Creek.

It is super lame if someone is actually handing out speeding tickets. I'm sure the dude was joking when he said that, but coming from Utah, I'm not surprised by much. They better have a speed limit sign posted for all trail users. I wonder how safe it is for a biker to ride downhill and monitor the MPH on the speedometer at the same time?

#14 ·
Drop the Seat said:
<snip>

It is super lame if someone is actually handing out speeding tickets. I'm sure the dude was joking when he said that, but coming from Utah, I'm not surprised by much. They better have a speed limit sign posted for all trail users. I wonder how safe it is for a biker to ride downhill and monitor the MPH on the speedometer at the same time?
Ask the people who got speeding citations.

:lol:

#15 ·
Did you know that they hand out speeding violations at Park City?

The posted speed limit is 30mph downhill on a bike. If you go above it and you get clocked by PCMR radar, which is automated with cameras, they will wait for you at the bottom of the lift and hand you your violation. It can range from $20 - $55 depending on how fast you were going.

#17 ·
miwoodar said:
I agree on Deer Creek. It has a couple of hikers-only trails that help keep conflict down a little. The Red Mesa loop is best done clockwise IMO. The Plymouth loop is best done counterclockwise.
Deer Creek is always good, Anyone ever cleaned the wall on a singlespeed? Bring up those old vids of someone cleaning the wall (who was that?) Not me, I like to do both loops and then reverse them, climb to the lookout and then down, that way you ride everything up there twice. Too bad you can't ride the Homesteader trail, that is some sweet singletrack, only hiked it with the dog.

#21 ·
miwoodar said:
I agree on Deer Creek. It has a couple of hikers-only trails that help keep conflict down a little. The Red Mesa loop is best done clockwise IMO. The Plymouth loop is best done counterclockwise.
I like to do Red Mesa Clockwise.
I like to do Plymouth as an up and back on the single track portion, while hitting bear trail as a down and back, (on the way back down).

I agree that the hikers get sparse once you get past a certain point.

#26 ·
will.s - they must have put in the stairs just after your last ride. The wall is definitely much harder these days. It gets harder twice as fast as my riding abilities improve (ugh!).

No way Drop the Seat - you saw someone ride all the up it on your first time there? I've ridden that trail a crap load of times but have never seen anyone make it in person. Most of the people I see don't even bother to try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.