mtbr member
    Dec 2008

youngs gulch conditions

anyone know the trail conditions for youngs gulch? i doubt theirs any snow but hows the stream crossings?

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    I would assume wet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by onbelaydave
    I would assume wet.
    My thoughts as well.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    You guys are

mtbr member
    I rode it Thursday. All the creek crossings are running 1 to 2 feet deep, but are 100% rideable with a little luck. Your chamois will be like a wet diaper after the first couple crossings, but you will have an ungodly amount of fun despite this. Trail is uber tacky in between crossings.

Now with 10% more!
    I talked to a guy who did Hewlett's earlier today on the trail. He said the stream crossings were plentiful, but that it was a lot of fun. I've always rode it in July/August when it's super hot/dry, but would like to try it out if my stupid motor vehicle were in better condition.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Dook
    ... but would like to try it out if my stupid motor vehicle were in better condition.
    It is not a bad ride from town. Just don't ride in the canyon on a weekend. Too much traffic.

Now with 10% more!
    The road in the canyon is too narrow for my taste. I don't think I could do it and enjoy it. But now that I know it's possible I might have to try sometime anyway. What's the recommended route? Straight up 287 to 14 or is there a better way?

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Dook
    The road in the canyon is too narrow for my taste. I don't think I could do it and enjoy it. But now that I know it's possible I might have to try sometime anyway. What's the recommended route? Straight up 287 to 14 or is there a better way?
    I prefer to ride Overland Trail to 54g (in LaPorte) and take that to 287 to 14. Cuts out some of the highway.